We traveled south to warmer temperatures for a Dixon family reunion. Steve's entire family was there. All eight siblings, spouses and children came except one darling girl who was greatly missed. She is in college and college doesn't stop for vacations.
It was a truly wonderful and stress free weekend. The weather was greatly appreciated by me especially since we had a small blizzard today and I am now longing for spring and sunshine. I think St. George might be our place to be in February every year.
We arrived at our rental house Friday afternoon and my children spent the rest of their day in here.
An indoor pool is pretty snazzy to have.
Saylor in her "new pink swimming suit."
She told anyone who would listen all about it.
I just think this picture is funny.
Goggles are not especially flattering.
Grandpa Dixon holding two Dixon baby boys...neither of which belong to me.
But, I would take either of them.
Because forty Dixons in one house can be a tad overwhelming, even if there were 10 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, we all went for short hike in the red dirt on Saturday morning.
Two of my favorite people.
Andrew in his best Dixon cousin Porter.
They are two months apart in age and both Lego maniacs.
Uh...yeah, that sling was really helping that arm.
(Couldn't use the clam shell cast, it got too small too fast. Tried to use the sling to remind him to be careful. It worked really well...cough cough cough.)
Grandpa is the best helper.
Me and my girl.
Me, my Steve and my girl.
Precarious place...too many kids...only one adult.
Saturday and Sunday afternoon were spent here.
Sad Carter.
We had a few problems with some faulty infusion sets on Friday. Because of this, he could not swim on Saturday in my fear of another one failing and only having one to get us through Monday. I spent 2 hours Friday night calling pharmacies, hospitals and diabetes clinics trying to locate an extra infusion set or two to no avail. Lesson learned: bring ten times as many infusion sets as you think you will need on vacation...just to be safe. (because 3 times more than you normally need apparently isn't enough.)
It wouldn't be a family reunion without a baby blessing. Steve's brother Gary blessed his fourth child with everyone in the family present...except one. We missed you Emily!
Family picture before church.
(just to prove we get dressed up once in a while.)
...and just to prove my children are kind to one another once in a while.
That was such a fun trip...I may steal some of your pictures for my blog!
ReplyDeleteAMAZING! What an absolutely fantastic vacation! I can't get over how cute you do Saylor's hair...that ponytail is the cutest thing EVER! You got some awesome pics; I love pics of cousins! And you are looking so adorable with your pure skininess & long gorgeous hair!!! You rock Jill:)
ReplyDeleteI love the pic of you and Say Say!! Your hair is SO long (and real) and you're so skinny ( have you been running again)?! Miss you guys!!
ReplyDelete