Only few things I can actually recall this week. I've spent most of my time working on science fair stuff and just holding down the home front. I'm looking forward to having my brain back in a few weeks. But until then, I'm just riding the wave of insanity and loving the fact that the fair is not as daunting as years past. Experience gives me the ability to not freak out.
10 days and counting...but whose counting.
Other than the science fair, here a few things that happened in the past few days.
Steve and I were in Target Thursday morning and found this beauty on clearance. Steve is a sucker for a pretty face and brought it home for his favorite girl (not me).
Here she is realizing how much responsibility it takes to pay off a mortgage and keep up your own home. (Adulthood sucks the fun out of everything.)
This picture is just because I am a naughty person.
This is George.
George is our grumpy neighbor. He likes to yell at people and complain about loud dogs and fast cars.
We find him hilarious. Mostly, because he wears this caution vest to cross the street to get his mail. Because...cars going 10 miles an hour are out of control! I've vowed to get a picture of him in action ever since I saw the bright yellow and orange. Steve alerted me to his movements, but I couldn't get the lens on my camera fast enough to catch him in the street. For an old feeble guy, George is speedy. To combat George's grumpiness, I wave and smile really big whenever I drive too fast by his house.
Carter's second grade dinosaur project was due this week. Steve and Carter mastered the perfect newspaper and masking tape triceratops creation. I'm very happy Steve handled this one; I could not have been so creative! Hurray for Dads! The dinosaur gets a fancy layer of colored paper mache at school on Monday. I can't wait to see it.
Carter and Andrew got all fancied up on a non-Sunday and participated in piano festival for the first time yesterday. They have worked hard the past few months on their assigned pieces.
I'm proud of their hard work and ability to endure my constant reminders (not so nice at times) to practice.
I'm also happy that the money we are forking out to educate our children musically is not going to waste.
Here is a closer view of their scores.
Yes...they both got superiors. But don't ask Carter about it because he will tell you his numerical score was higher than Andrews. (little sibling rivalry going on) When we were walking out of the CSI fine arts building to leave after their judgings, Andrew's teacher told me how proud she was of him. Apparently, his songs were much above his playing level and he pulled them off with style. I'm proud of him too.
Long long ago when I was young and in piano lessons (I think it was before electricity) I competed and got an excellent at piano festival. I was devastated and vowed to never do it again. I think I was a little dramatic back then...no...not me! I think I may have more nervous for my children to compete than they were. I'm thrilled they found success yesterday.
Lastly for this past week is that we stared Carter's science fair project. He counted M&Ms with the hypothesis that green would be the most common color. To find out his results of counting over 350 M&Ms...you will have to come to the Perrine science fair on March 21.
When his was done collecting his data, I let him eat it. He chose to eat the contents of Bag 18...it had the most M&Ms in it!
No comments:
Post a Comment