Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break in all its Glory

We had glorified plans for this week.  
It included:
 playing outside,
 working in the yard,
and enjoying spring time sunshine.

It did not include:
Rain.
Cold.
Sickness.

Spring Break through us for a loop this year.

All of our neighborhood friends are enjoying their week long vacation in beautiful southern Utah.  We wish we were with them.  However, people tend to go to the dentist when they are out of school and Steve tends to like work.  So, we are here in Twin.

The boys have played video games non stop for the past four days.  I've encourage this practice by purchasing new players for Skylander.   Saylor has been battling a bad cold for the past week and woke up yesterday morning with a ruptured eardrum.  She is now on antibiotics and codeine.   The codeine is making her rummy, but luckily the antibiotics are kicking in and she is feeling better.  The nonstop Dora on netflix is helping too.  We are all freezing due the to gloomy weather and I have my heat turned up and I'm planning on baking cookies just for the warmth. 

But...I am not ungrateful.  This week has been slow and I've caught up with a few things such as house work.  I'm enjoying staying home and not having bedtimes or homework.  I'm excited for summer and the freedom it can offer. (...if I don't sign my kids up for too many activities.)

Bring on the warmth spring.  
We are ready!


1 comment:

  1. Sunny and 82 here! Sippin some diet coke/diet Dr. Pepper on the back deck while basking in the sun and running around screaming!! You really should come visit your sister and maybe come say hi to us!!!

    ReplyDelete