Life seems to be rolling along faster these days. My weeks are fuller, as are the days, as are the hours. I blinked, and this last week was gone. What? It is Tuesday the 15th already? May is half over? I'm struggling to fit in everything that is worthwhile that I want to accomplish. Oh...so many things to accomplish. What do I give up, exercise, journaling, the kids' activities, my house, my yard? If only I was Super Woman and could fit in 4-5 more hours in a day, three of which would be dedicated to sleep. But I'm not super, just a regular person trying to do everything.
Here are some of the everythings that I'm juggling (in a good way) right now.
The new office is rolling along. Yesterday the builders put up the first wall. Steve and I put the kids to bed after swim team and then drove over to see it. (yes, we could have walked, but I was tired) Steve is gushing with excitement over his new work space, and I am so happy for him. He spent hours on the computer after we got home going over bids from dental equipment companies. This is an all consuming process, but I believe Steve is more excited than he is stressed. We discussed this fact as we stepped over boards and equipment at the office site. We are chalking up this excitement to our naivety. One day we will know better to be more excited than stressed.
There are only three weeks of school left and the kids are showing their summer fever with relish. It is torture to pull the kids inside from the perfect weather at night for bedtime. Who wants to go to bed when it is still light and beautiful outside? Oh, that would be me. We are setting up for this summer and it's bitter-sweet that most of our weekends are filled with plans. We are signing up for swim team and swim lessons. Steve is itching to go camping with his boys...and me. (insert enormous sigh here) We are working on our yard and putting in the garden. Things are coming along and I'm grateful for the cash shelled out on the lawn care, our lawn has never looked this green. And...our house is still bug free. Joy.
Along with summer fever here, we have Skylanders fever. Andrew and Carter are obsessed with this Wii game. I personally think it is a rip-off as each new character must be purchased separately for an nominal fee. We have not been a gaming family in the past and my boys have never been interested in the small array of video games we posses, until now. Unfortunately, Steve and I are noticing that whenever the Skylander game is on, there is contention in our home. Someone always ends up unhappy, sassy, or fighting when this game is played. I should call the came "digital negativity." Steve grounded the boys for a week from the game yesterday after a certain unnamed son of ours called his brother a loser. We are sure the name-called brother was not innocent either. It takes two to tango you know. Our boys are not thrilled with their punishment. I, however, am. I'm going to enjoy the peace without the game. If I had my choice, I would throw the entire system in the garbage can. I am not afraid to say that I do not find value in video games.
My calling is keeping me hopping and I'm finding most of it is speaking assignments. I'm speaking tomorrow night at the 4th ward Young Women in Excellence meeting. I'm grateful for the time I must spend in preparing and studying in order to speak. Forced gospel study is good for me. I also enjoy spending time with the young women in our stake and their leaders. I find strength in their friendship and example. I will be attending girls camp at the end of June. I am planning on having a much better attitude than I had when I was 16. I will not be pouting this time around, that or moping that I missed a Pearl Jam concert. I'm amused how life has come back and bit me in the backside for being such a bratty young women when I was 16 and 17. Crow feathers are hard to swallow.
...I cant find my camera battery charger. I'm truly annoyed by this. I will be combing my house until I find it. My blog without pictures is not the same.
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment