Thursday, May 31, 2012

my past week in grainy pictures

We finally ordered me a new camera battery charger.  It will be juiced up and ready to go in no time.
But for now, my phone has been doing it's best to capture my life in grainy style.  It has worked hard and I am grateful.
Without it, I would have missed out on all these photo opportunities.
Such as...

 Driving home from taking the kids to school last week and I passed this house.  
I drove around the block, parked myself infront of the house and snapped this beauty.
It made me laugh and gave me the urge to buy a flock of pink birds myself and flock someone else's house...such as maybe my brother's.  
(it makes me giddy just thinking about it.)

Andrew went to the fish hatchery for a field trip last Friday.  He brought home a fish painted t-shirt and a real dead fish.  He wanted desperately to cook it, but it spent a little too much time out of the cooler to be considered safe eating.   He's been promised a new fishing trip and grilled trout.
Wearing the fish shirt will be a requirement for both.

We have my darling nephew Wyatt staying with us for the next week or so while my sister recovers from surgery.  (she is home and hanging in there by the way)   My kids are still in school, so Wyatt is getting dragged around to all my errands and adventures.  One of these errands is Carter's lunch.  Lunch with Wyatt is always better than lunch without Wyatt.
(Um...you have Pirate Booty on your lips)

Was in Target yesterday and saw this posted.
I'm not telling my kids.  
I ran out as soon as I could before I was tempted to buy something.
Whew....made it.

We can almost taste summer.  It's really close.
We broke out the propane campfire last night in honor of there being only five...count them...five days of school left.  
Roasted marshmallows are delish.

I keep telling myself that I am a good parent.
...sure I am.

Lunch with Wyatt again.
Corndogs are tasty.  Mystery yellow goop is not.

Lunch...again with Wyatt.
(because I don't eat cafeteria corndogs)
Wyatt was REALLY full when we got home.
Colby was a bit more chipper filled with cheese and orange Fanta.

The office as of this afternoon.
It's huge.
Really huge.
I'm having a heart attack it's so huge.
Good thing half of it will be rented out huge.

Me in our future entryway.
Part of our old office flooded from all the rain mixed with a leaky roof last weekend. 
This new office couldn't come at a better time.

Last, but not least- here's proof that I am planting a garden this year.  Everything has come up but my squash. 
This picture doesn't show it, but the soil my dad brought in for me is amazing.  Hopefully my garden will be the best it has ever been this year.

...and hopefully I'll get out my decent camera this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment