Steve is the best gift giver in our family.
No really, he's the master.
He has the knack for picking out the perfect thing for the kids.
Yesterday, two packages came to the door which we were under strict instructions NOT to open until Steve came home. The kids about died waiting.
There wasn't something for everyone...but lets be honest, that doesn't mean there won't be another package on my doorstep today. Nobody gets left out in the Steve giving program.
But last night, the gifts were for our oldest and youngest children.
Andrew's feet have grown about a hundred inches this year.
He needed new ski boots.
If I would have let him wear them to school today, he might have done it.
The best part about these boots? They are the same size as Steve's and unbeknown to Andrew, they are made for comfort...not performance. Steve is planning on wearing them sometimes. Win Win.
The second package was for Say.
...because every three year old girl needs her own set of boots and skis.
She's potty trained and it's time to learn.
Steve was so excited for these to come in the mail.
I mean...look at that face- beaming with excitement over his princess ready to hit the slopes.
(He doesn't know I took this picture. It might be my favorite of all time.)
The boys were all excited too to get Saylor used to her new equipment.
I'm not sure she knew how to handle all the attention.
I'm also not sure she knows what skiing really is.
Obviously.
These boots will get used as more than a baby seat this weekend. Steve is taking her half day to Pomerelle. I hope she loves to ski as much as our boys do.
I was not left out of the awesome present parade compliments of Steve...all already have been opened and are being used.
1. He got me a new camera lens. I "may" have dropped my old one and broke it by accident. My new one is going to take some time to get used to, but I think I am going to LOVE it!
2. Two new pairs of pj's. Lets face it, I spend most of my time in pj's lately, and to have two pair that actually fit is going to be bliss. (Elastic cuts when it is too tight!)
3. (my favorite) Steve had my 2010 and 2011 blogs printed up and bound.
He couldn't wait to give them to me. They have been poured over already by the entire family.
I am so grateful he is willing to put so much work and effort to have my journal saved for all time!
Thank you Steve!
I love you!
Steve is a keeper! I think it is beyond awesome that he gets your blogs put into hard copy. That takes a ton of work (does he use Blurb??). LOVE that!
ReplyDelete