Nine days after his first cold symptoms, Grady officially has a double ear infection and is on antibiotics.
I'm grateful even more than usual today for modern medicine. And…I'm extremely hopeful Grady will start sleeping in his bed again. Steve and I are beat.
But I need to give kudos to this champion of a baby who sat still and smiling while the doctor dug wax out of his infected ears. What a trooper!
(Oh and his haircut still slays me three days later. Not used to short haired Grady.)
Monday night I wished for Santa to provide Saylor with a sister. (But more in letting the neighbor girls come over more than actually having a baby. Scary thought.) Colby came upstairs in this beautiful number to appease the four year old diva living in our home.
Not sure what bothers me most about this picture.
Is it:
1. Colby wearing a fairy dress?
2. The fact that he fits perfectly into a size 4T dress?
3. He rocked those wings.
As you can tell by Steve's face, he is disturbed by all three reasons.
Other things from the last three days..
We are trying so hard to read scriptures as a family in the morning. We are not perfect, but we are trying trying trying.
Oh so sick not sleeping Grady was up early and decided to join us this week. Sleep baby…sleep.
I've been working on licorice and cinnamon caramels for Steve's nieces wedding reception next weekend. My house has smelled delicious the last few days. I have one more batch to wrap and one more batch to make and wrap. Steve promised to help me. He's wonderful that way.
Our elf has been busy moving around.
We will miss her when she returns for good to the North Pole next week.
My favorite spot so far.
Oh…and I'm happy to report that I discovered my daughter folds towels better than me.
"Zippity Do Dah, Zippity 'A,
My Oh My I Have a Wonderful Slave!"
(Not sure she appreciates the song.)
Colby is the best brother ever! It reminds me of when Jon used to play barbies with me. I think he secretly enjoyed it:). Just look at Saylors face and her cute little arm around him, it is making me melt!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am dying with laughter because I finally figured out what movie the zippity slave song is from...Over Board! Keep up the good work Saylor girl, and Grady I hope you feel better soon!