Monday, December 30, 2013

December 24th 2013

The few days before Christmas were a blur and were spent getting ready for Christmas and spending time with family…all very fun things.

Had to post my two favorite ornaments on our tree.
Diet Coke and Bacon.  How could you go wrong?

Icy our elf found a few comfortable places to watch us as Christmas neared closer.
(Sadly, her balance was a little off…and she ended up falling off the tree and taking a few ornaments and needles with her on the way down.  Thankfully she was able to scramble to the windowsill before anyone saw her…whew.)

Some last minute purchases made their way to our house.
If you are going to dress your family up like Amish people at least two things will happen...1. the picture will end up on your Christmas cards and 2. the picture will be canvas wrapped to be hung on the picture wall.   

Steve made my Christmas Eve wish come true by washing my front window.  Bless that man!

My parents spent Christmas eve at out house and we treated them to dinner.  Turkey, potatoes, green beans, fresh rolls and salad were all on the menu. 
Plus…the gluten free cookies were plentiful.

 After dinner, we spent some time reading the Christmas story in the Bible and then the kids opened their Christmas Eve Pj's from Steve and I and then were allowed to open one gift from each other.
The following were a few of my favorite pictures from the night.


 There was a lot of love going around our house.

Finding the right place in the scriptures.

Who you calling elf?


Priceless time with Grandpa.

Yes!  Fuzzy pj's!

Alarm Clock from Colby.

A watch from Saylor????
Yes!

Frozen dolls from Andrew.

Not pictured was Andrew with his new fishing reel from Carter.

Before heading downstairs for the night, the kids laid out cookies, brownies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer.

Saylor had Steve write a quick note asking Santa to keep Icy.  She was devastated with the thought of losing her elf for an entire year.
"Please let us keep Icy 'till next year.  We'll take extra good care of her and we won't lose her like we did the cat."
I think she made a good case.

The Dixon Kid Crew.

I "ran" some Christmas Eve errands and when I came home, I found my family like this downstairs.
Time for bed kids or Santa won't come!

Steve and I took a few crazy pictures before heading off to bed ourselves.  We didn't want to miss Santa either.


Our ode to all teenage "selfies" seen on instagram.
I think we pulled the faces off perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment