Tuesday, January 7, 2014

mountains climbed…some way more significant than others

I'm pronouncing this mountain Mount St. Laundry.
It got larger and larger as yesterday progressed.  I'm happy to report that I conquered it last night around 10:30 pm before I went to bed.  
Sadly, I feel like half this much is currently in my dirty laundry pile getting ready to erupt again.  Mount St. Laundry is the bane of my existence.
Steve even last night after walking  into our room told me he was sorry I had to deal with this much laundry day in and day out.  I replied that I would much rather do laundry all day than fix people's teeth.  At least this pile of work smells good.  He agreed with my point.  Poor guy.  


On an infinite more significant note I would like to pronounce Mount St. Chemo conquered too.  My dad being the trooper of all troopers finished his last round of chemo Christmas Eve.  (crappy day for chemo is you ask me.)
Here he is right after they removed his pic line.

I think having that nasty thing in his arm for months at a time would be a mountain to climb in itself.
Hurray for my dad!
My entire family is so grateful his cancer treatment is done and that he can focus on feeling better and being cancer free!  
Love you Dad!!

Other mountains such as- Mount St. I'm Not the Baby of the Family Anymore…not so easy to conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment