Grady's cold is robbing his parents of sleep. Because his nose is stuffy, he can't fall asleep, and once asleep even after much rocking and loving, he won't stay asleep. I feel bad for the little guy, and am trying to be on the more loving side other than the frustrated side…which is really hard to do at 4 am. The crazy thing is though, somehow Grady is getting enough sleep for him to still be happy and delightful during the day. His mother, however, is not. Go figure.
This weekend was stake conference and because of green nose baby, Steve took the boys to church this morning and I kept the youngest two at home.
It was a quiet morning and for about two hours Grady and Saylor played sweetly side by side.
Well…as long as Grady wasn't trying to take any of Saylors' "plant eaters." They were a "family" and couldn't be separated.
Grady had to settle for what I'm sure was a scavenger meat eater. They were a good match.
Saylor, like her mother, spent the morning in her pj's. (Really…with a sick baby this has been the norm for almost the entire week. We have not and don't plan on going anywhere.)
I did brush her hair though which is more than I can say for myself.
But with faces like these…I'm not sure the brushed hair makes a difference. (silly silly girl)
Around 11 am, I slipped on Andrew's sandals (because they fit my feet) and rushed outside for a few cold seconds to capture pictures of the frost.
The weather has been foggy and cold for almost 5 straight days and the combo has left everything covered in this crazy amazing frost.
It's beautiful.
Because it hasn't warmed up during the day, the frost continues to grow larger every night. I don't ever remember it looking like this before. It's spectacular.
All the trees look like they are blooming white blossoms.
It's supposed to warm up this afternoon, and I'm sure this amazing ice show will be gone.
I've enjoyed it while it was here.
Just had to document that 19 framed pictures of my kids are now hanging on my office wall.
It took all day yesterday, but with Steve's help, it finally finally got done.
The frames and prints were my Christmas present this year.
I have one more canvas wrap to order and hang and the wall will be complete.
Here's to late Christmas presents.
(That picture of Carter has to be my favorite picture of him hands down. Man, he was an adorable toddler. Those huge brown eyes get me every time.)
No comments:
Post a Comment