Our ward now meets at 8 am. I love this early time with a passion I cannot describe. I leaves our ENTIRE day for family time as church lets out at 11 am. We are home three hours earlier than our ward met last year. It's a beautiful thing.
However, there is one down side and one downside only. I have to be up by 5:45 am if I want to have myself and five children ready on time. Also, Saturday nights are completely different as the kids go to bed early and I spend my evening ironing, laying out clothes and packing diaper bags.
This Sunday was no different and I was up and at 'em close to 6 am. Around 7 am I was almost ready but still didn't have my hair curled. Grady woke up and declared himself sick…runny nose past your chin when you sneeze gets you out of church every time!
Don't let this cute face fool you. He has been blowing snot for the past four days. This is this third monster cold since Christmas. I tired of not sleeping. Can spring come soon enough??? Nope!
It was decided I was to stay home with Grady and his snotty nose.
My hair never got curled.
But Say got ready!
Carter did too.
This is Andrew posing for the camera. He feels the need to purposely close his eyes lately.
Little Punk.
The oldest men.
Now this little guy…he "faked" sick.
He fained a huge stomach ache and earned the right to stay home with me.
In his defense, he went back to bed and slept for two hours. But that stomach ache??? It mysteriously disappeared after his nap.
Next time I guess I'm going to have to up the anti. If there is no physical proof of sickness…you get your buns to church!
No comments:
Post a Comment