Sunday, March 16, 2014

Changed things up

We've had the same furniture for a while.  And the stuff we had was purchased used in Virginia. 
It was wearing out and we've been looking to replace it for some time.  I have trouble making furniture commitments.  I find it stressful to buy something new when I know I have to live with it for years to come.  I mean…what if I change my mind and hate it a week after I get it?  Stress. Stress. Stress.
On Thursday, Steve and I found a couch and loveseat that we both liked and that we've seen before.   Steve finally had to make the decision because I wouldn't do it.  I kept hemming and hawing. 
Even after we purchased it I had stress and anxiety that we made the wrong choice.   

But the kids had no such anxiety.
They swiftly moved the old sectional from the basement room into their bedroom to make room for the upstairs furniture to be moved down.   (It was a huge switcharoo)  Their room is now an official mancave and is wall to wall furniture.  Steve promised to rehang their posters and bulletin boards.  I promised to take the couch to the DI if they didn't keep the room extra clean.  (The cramped feel in there now makes me a little nuts.)
They are so incredibly happy.  
Love that I can be a cool mom…even if its only for a month.  (That might be my cramped bedroom limit.)


So with the promise of new furniture came the desire to change things up a bit. 
My couch has a totally different color scheme and the decor in my kitchen and dining room would have to be changed too.  (oh darn)  Good thing bulk candy isn't too pricey.  My candy jars are now sporting yellow, black, blue, green and silver.  Easter candy came in very handy.

New centerpiece.

 The best part of the weekend though, was my sister JaNae being in town.  And with JaNae comes her design expertise.  She has a wonderful eye for making things beautiful.  We hunted TJ Maxx and Target and found some screaming deals on mirrors that worked perfectly for above my couch.

I love love love how it all turned out.
(Still need to find the perfect (possibly blue) mirror for the lower left hand corner of the wall.)

My living room is so bright and cheery now.
It was a HUGE change and I am so happy with how it turned out.
No more anxiety.  (insert smile here)
Thank you JaNae for all your help.  I loved having you here!

Best part of the day was catching this picture of Grady admiring the beautiful baby in the mirror. 

Had to include this pictures.
Here are the three children who still love me enough to get a picture taken with me.
This should be titled, "We made it to church at 8am again!  Miracles really do happen!"


2 comments: