I love conference weekend and wish it came along more than twice a year.
We stayed in stretchy pants all day and we didn't have to iron.
It's the best weekend of the entire year.
We tried our best to listen to all four sessions. Sunday we did really well and the kids sat in our front room and colored while they listened.
Yes…I said colored, and that includes my four oldest.
Kids can do a lot of amazing coloring in four hours.
I don't think any of them (including my 13 year old) will let me take these off the fridge for a while.
Other things from conference weekend:
My oldest three went to my dads house and worked cleaning up pine needles and branches and loading them up in Grandpa's trailer for future dumping.
Steve started cleaning out the garage. (halle-freak show-lujah)
Steve helped with the first annual priesthood session wings and pizza night with our ward. Andrew was in wing and pizza heaven.
The kids, as always, listened for specific words in the conference talks in order to earn candy. Each time they hear "the word" they earn a jelly bean. I mistakenly chose the word love for President Monson's talk. 47 jelly beans later…they were all sick.
Lastly, Carter wore this mustache for about four hours Saturday morning. He said and I quote, "Mustaches are hard to eat with!"
Other funny things my kids come up with???
Saylor went around singing this morning to a made up tune,
"I am the smartest and greatest girl in the world!
Because I don't make loud noises!
All I do is watch the I-pad all day long.
And I ask my mom if I can stay in my pj's all day!"
I was cracking up before 8 am this morning.
(she was allowed to stay in her pj's until 10:00 am)
No comments:
Post a Comment