Tuesday, April 15, 2014

we grow 'em tiny

Grady had his 1 year check up yesterday.  I knew he wasn't large, but didn't think much about it.  I guess I was wrong to live in my ignorance.   Grady has dropped percentages on his height chart and even though he is proportional for his weight, his doctor is worried.  He is also anemic.   Today I am having some serious stress over this because I'm worried I will have another Colby on my hands.  Colby wouldn't eat, was anemic, underweight and labeled failure to thrive.  Drs' say a baby won't starve himself.  I'm here to say I have lived through that massive lie.
Steve is telling me not to worry.
I'm having a slight heart attack.
Really…one more food issue in our house?  Because gluten free and diabetes isn't enough??
Tomorrow I will pick up iron drops at the pharmacy and try and choke the nasty things down Grady's throat.  I might also go and buy a shake and share it with my darling caloric deprived baby boy.  
(Can I just say how much I stress over feeding my kids!)


I mean really, couldn't life be easy and all of us be able to eat these kind of things?
While I was in Utah I bought a few loaves of cinnamon bread from Kneaders.  And with advice from a friend, I made french toast for my gluten eating family for Sunday dinner.  Steve, Carter and Andrew were dying with happiness.  Saylor, Grady and Colby wanted nothing to do with this beautiful french toast masterpiece.
I would kill to eat this stuff and not end up sick.
(Other than it being about 55 carbs per slice with syrup…this is a good thing.)

Other good things???
Convincing my daughter that if she sang the mopping song from Cinderella…cleaning the floor on  your hands and knees is actually fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment