Tuesday, April 1, 2014

cramming with lists

This week is full.

Meaning…I have too many things on my calendar and therefore I feel stressed.

Sadly, I fully realize that my calendar being filled is actually every other normal persons' everyday calendar, but I don't like being busy- or having a full calendar- so I feel stressed.  (I truly love having my biggest stresser being which cookies to make and/or how many bags of gluten free snacks I should buy at TJ-Maxx that afternoon.)

Yesterday, today and tomorrow I will be in my car driving to and fro from 3-6 pm…and I have no one to blame but myself.  I'M the one who signed my kids up for all this crap.

I also have to drive to Idaho Falls with Carter on Thursday for an endocrinologist appointment and I'm leaving Grady for the first time.  He is a huge, as in ginormous, as in colossal, mamma's boy at the moment and I'm secretly terrified he will cry for my mom the entire time.  (I'm really sorry Mom!  It's only until Steve is off work in the afternoon.)

I know my stress threshold must be reaching it's limit because I am making lists of what I have to do and where I have to be.  I'm also repeatedly verbally reciting these lists to my husband who I am sure is rolling his eyes and letting my ramblings go in one ear and out the other.

Friday morning I'm going to be very happy.  My to-do list will be much shorter.  However…my laundry pile will be inversely proportional to that to-do list.  (Two days of untouched laundry in this house can overtake a small empire.)

But for now…I am going to get in my pjs, ignore the fact that I have too much to do tomorrow, watch netflix with Steve and eat at least 500 calories of pure nutritional emptiness.   Denial is my best friend sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment