My sister Jolyn and her family have been here for the past few weeks waiting for their house in California to be available. I've LOVED having them here and have played enough in the past week to last a lifetime…at least Steve might say so.
Jolyn left this morning and needless to say, I wanted to cry and have been ridiculously bored today. Not that I haven't had enough to do, its just that I want to be entertained. Man am I going to miss Jolyn and her family. They are really fun.
So besides making delicious treats and hanging out with the Smith family, here are a few moments from this past summer week.
Colby lost a tooth at swim team while eating an after swim donut.
The tooth fairy took THREE days to deliver the green stuff. She was busy to say the least and obviously does not like teeth knocked out by junk food.
We went to a lot of parade homes this weekend. This counter top was one of my favorites.
It's not granite, so right up my budget, and has a subway tile back splash.
I'm dreaming hardcore around here. I've told myself to stop dreaming until my house sells.
We'll see how well I do with that one.
Grady played in a parade bathtub. He was all smiles until he turned the water on. We are really good parents.
Saylor has embraced her inner Cinderella with a Dixon twist. Cinderella is armed and dangerous. Watch out stepsisters!!
After two plus weeks, Grady finally warmed up to my sister the day before she left.
Saylor found a fantastic reading spot.
Pillows and mounds of clean laundry are comfy I guess.
Meet Gingersnap.
She is Saylors constant summer companion and confidant.
This bike even bucks and whinnies just like a real pony. My favorite is when Saylor calls out "Come on Gingersnap!". It's ridiculously adorable.
Saylor adores her Gingersnap almost as much as I adore Saylor.
Carters new companion came in the mail today.
He paid for this beauty with his own money and has bugged me constantly for days about when the UPS man would deliver his treasure.
His high score is 704 jumps without stopping.
His blood sugar was in the 70's afterward. Not surprised there.
Andrew is currently on his way home (I hope) from his Kane lake hiking trip with the scouts. This is his third year going. He always comes home stinky, dirty and happy.
I'll be glad when he is home safe, but cannot deny how quiet the house has been...
No comments:
Post a Comment