We're prepping for Christmas at the Dixon home, but this year the decorations have been minimal and the kids have noticed. I cried uncle and put up about half of what I usually do.
"It just doesn't feel like Christmas" Andrew told me the other day.
I scowled and told him to do something for somebody else and then it would feel more like Christmas.
What I really wanted to say was, "Quit your honking Nancy and understand that your Mom feels old, tired, and overwhelmed. Give me a flipping break!" (But luckily I didn't say that. Whew. Glad my filter was still intact that day.)
But I am trying to make it feel like Christmas for my kids.
Sunday night we watched the Christmas devotional on the computer brought next to the Christmas tree.
Some of us watched better than others.
Best part of this picture? Carter's hand is down the front of his pants and his tubing leads to his insulin pump laying on the floor below him- you just can't see it. Andrew and Carter slept through most of the devotional.
Colby complained a little about having to watch "General Conference" again.
Saylor and Grady fought most of the time.
We tried...
About two weeks ago we put together our annual candy countdown trees.
They turned out cute, but sadly are sitting on the laundry room counter STILL waiting to be taped on the wall. I will only tape with blue painters tape and we are completely out and I keep forgetting to buy more. So so sad.
Our elf Schnitzel Von Bacon-burger is keeping an eye on all of us.
He's crafty and finds good hiding places most of the time.
This is the first year we have done a book countdown. We open one Christmas book and ready it right before bed. It's gone really well and I LOVE this tradition and I hope to do it every year.
Best quote so far though was from Colby about the books, "This book is kind of churchy!"
Heaven forbid I try to bring church into Christmas!
I'm actively trying to finish my Walker Family 2014 book.
It gets bigger every year and I love it.
This is the first page…it's going to be so good!
I have photographic proof that we have a 20 month in the house at Christmas.
So sorry Mater. You didn't stand a chance.
Steve's office party was last weekend and was a success.
This is the only picture of us I have.
(Must make the comment that Steve shaved his beard off Sunday morning and I almost cried. I love that man with facial hair!)
Carter had his Christmas guitar recital last weekend too.
He did a fantastic job.
Colby had his violin recital two weeks ago, but had the stomach flu and missed it. Bummer.
Absolutely nothing to do with Christmas, but it must be noted that Steve is fun and Saylor likes when he helps her take baths more than when I help. I wonder why?

I must admit I love the unfiltered "Quit your honking Nancy" comment!! They are good for blogs! :)
ReplyDeleteL-O-V-E, LOVE the picture of your parents! So great!!
ReplyDeleteUm, you are WAY more on top of Christmas decorating and other prep than I am. Tell your kids they should be grateful you are their mom and I'm not. :-)
ReplyDelete