Monday, December 15, 2014

Sick Again

Four of my five children ran fevers yesterday.  We have the flu in our home-as in influenza.  It came a little less than two weeks after the last of our family got over the stomach flu.  I feel like the plague might be next.  (Dramatic and sarcastic all at the same time?  I'm a peach.)

So it's Monday and the only members of our family who showered and left the house this morning were Colby and Steve.  The rest of us are hanging out at home in our pjs.  The beds are all torn apart.  There are toys littering the floor keeping all the dirty Kleenex company.  I thought about making all our neighbor gifts today and delivering them tonight but I figures all my neighbors wouldn't appreciate flu cookies.

Carter has had it the worst and his blood sugars have been wicked high.  Yesterday he got over 35 units of insulin to keep him barely under 200 with frustrating spikes into the 300's.  Yeah…he feels like a peach.

I do think they are feeling a bit better today because they are starting to argue again.  If there is one good thing about really sick children is that they are too tired to fight.  It's been a peaceful, albeit feverish, in our home the past few days.

I'm keeping a positive attitude and I'm SURE we are all going to be healthy in 10 days for Christmas.  Right?  RIGHT?




No comments:

Post a Comment