Friday, December 26, 2014

Dixon Christmas Eve

Before the Christmas Eve post, I have to add that I made Steve buy a real tree on December 12th.  Our fake one wasn't cutting it for me.  I think I've been converted to the real tree.  We slid our already decorated tree into the office and placed it in front of the window and then decorated our real alpine tree.    One memory that must be mentioned is that the tree started slipping off the top of the car on the way home.  Steve opened the sun roof and I grabbed the trunk and kept it in place as we laughed out loud driving slowly home.  Nothing like a Christmas adventure.

This memory must also be mentioned.  Our ward Christmas party earlier this month was Hawaii themed including a beach backdrop and Hawaiian shirts for pictures.  Grady DID NOT want to remove his blue shirt.  He loved it.  We had to pry it off his crying body in order not to steal.  Crazy little kid. 

Now onto Christmas Eve...
 The day started with huge boxes of sugar cereal or pop tarts for everyone.
(side note:  Carter can't eat sugar cereal.  No matter how we dose him, his blood sugar spikes like crazy.  Crazy enough, Pop Tarts are totally fine.  I'm grateful he's a good sport about it all.)

Huge new cereal bowls were delivered by yours truly too.
 This morning, Andrew had to admit defeat and couldn't finish his second bowl.  Mission accomplished!

Reece's Puffs are delicious!

In the afternoon, I caved and let the kids decorate sugar cookies.
I kind of despise the mess, but I was trying to be fun.  Kids were happy and mess was contained.  There was minimal knife licking so that always cheers me up.

Christmas Eve night we went to Steve's parents house for dinner and program.
Steve smoked a turkey, we brought potatoes and sugar cookies.
The kids table is the place to be I think.

Grady had a place set at the adult table next to me, but refused to sit there.  He marched over the kids table and climbed right up.


 After dinner.
I must say that I felt so grateful sitting with my Dixon Family on Christmas Eve.  I am fortunate to have a loving family who are all such wonderful examples to me of selflessness Christ like service.   I hope my children one day realize how lucky they are to have grown up with both the Walker and Dixon families!

Little Andrew and Grady.

Opening gift exchange presents.

Our Andrew had Carter.  (our kids made up more than half of the grand kid gift exchange)
Andrew got him a middle school started kit including a new sling bag.  My heart hurts a little thinking about Carter in middle school.

Gift cards make the best gifts for teenagers.

We didn't leave the Dixon house until almost 9 pm.  Grady was completely worn out.  He fell asleep still pushing the buttons on his new truck from little Andrew.

Cookies and carrots!
I must dictate the letter to Santa.  
"Dear Santa, Saylor was worried about your milk being too warm when you get here.  Help yourself to the milk in the fridge or a diet coke so you can stay awake for the rest of your trip.  Love, Saylor, Colby, Andrew and Carter"

What the tree looked like before we went to bed.


Oh…and this showed up on our door Christmas Eve in a refrigerated box.
More shots for Carter.
And…hopefully bigger clothes.


No comments:

Post a Comment