This year our kids' Christmas break was a full 10 days out of school, and the way the calendar was, our kids had an entire week after Christmas free of responsibility. It was pretty blissful.
Steve made the most of it and and had me take the kids to the office Monday morning for x rays and cleanings. I left the four oldest with Steve and ran a few errands.
I came back to the office and found Saylor holding perfectly still in the pano.
Her boots on the stool made me laugh. I was a married adult before I had my first pano xray.
Steve also gave Andrew his first dental assisting lesson at Carter's expense.
Carter "almost" drown a few times and Andrew enjoyed himself WAY too much. Poor poor Carter.
A growth hormone trained nurse came to the house and instructed Carter on giving himself his growth hormone shots.
He's my hero and hasn't complained once. He remembers his shots better than Steve and I do and has insisted on doing everything by himself.
Super Kid.
Grow baby Grow!
1. Yes, my laundry room always looks like this.
2. Grady got himself ready and demanded to be taken outside. Aren't you forgetting something Grady? Whats missing??
Later in the day…now with pants on…eating a snack with a little light ready material, just like the older boys.
Best day this last week was Tuesday. Steve and I celebrated our 17 year engagement anniversary by spending the entire day together just us. My mom graciously took our kids starting at 6:30 am so we could start the day off in the temple. It was awesome.
We then went out to breakfast and drove to Boise to talk with a home builder who builds here in Twin. Confession…I feel bipolar when it comes to the house building thing. Hmmm. Maybe that's a sign.
After 6 years of loving them, we gave back the boys' bunk beds to their rightful owner, Uncle Spencer. We were "keeping them safe" until he and his darling family moved back to Twin. Luckily we got a screaming deal online at Costco and ordered two sets of bunk beds and two dressers. Steve put them together New Years Eve.
My boys all now have their own beds and dressers.
(But Colby still does not have carpet.)
Saylor has cried and cried over not getting a bunk bed of her own.
The child has her own room with a queen size bed, two end tables and a HUGE dresser. Poor little deprived child.
She told me the other day that I need to FIND someone for her to share a bunk bed with. Maybe I'll put an add out on craigslist. (nasty)
Christmas decorations and sadly my beloved Christmas cards came down.
The house feels so clean and clutter free, but I miss the cards.
Saturday we drove to Boise, this time with kids, and attended my nephew's Baptism.
Colby, Wes, and AJ.
Three of the four Walker amigos that all have (will) be baptised in a 12 month period. We missed you Dean!
We never got a Christmas Sunday picture. We all had to be at the church at different times the week before Christmas, so we tried yesterday to make up for it…but without the tree.
As you can see in both pictures, Carter is doing his best to give a crusty face. Thank you Carter.
Also…Andrew is totally on his tip toes. He is NOT taller than Steve yet, or me with my heels on for that matter. Nice try Andrew.
Their best maniacal laughs.
Colby wins in that department hands down…every time.
Last, but not least…or the least disgusting...
Christmas eve my family had an instagram toe war.
A choice few of us were blessed with ample room between our first and second toes. (Those who were not are totally jealous.)
My eldest son put up a good fight.
As did my second son.
But they could not beat the master.
My brother Jon and my Dad may have beat me…but I won't admit that in public.
No comments:
Post a Comment