Saturday, January 31, 2015

Last Week in a Nut Shell

Last week by the day…

Monday:
Monday was a long time ago.  All I remember from Monday is that I flipped out and yelled pretty loud and scary at Colby for not practicing his violin.  It wasn't my prettiest moment.  I apologized that night and Colby and I have a renewed dedication to practicing- without fighting. 
(can I forget about last Monday?)

Oh wait…I think it was on Monday that Steve and I had a mini date (We went and bought huge sodas at 9pm.  I think I needed a fix after yelling at my darling 8 year old son.) and we found the perfect car for Andrew.  It was a '62 Ford Falcon that was built like a tank.  Andrew was not impressed and declared he would drive it off a cliff if we bought it.  He's an ungrateful wretch that one.  I don't think he understands how cool Steve and I really are.  

Monday is also the day I called Carter's endocrinologist's office and got the news that our insurance is not approving Carter's growth hormone.  Sadly, he is one percentile away from qualifying.  One stinking percentile.  We will finish out the current months worth of hormone and then we will have to wait until Carter falls under the 3rd percentile in height to test him again.  I honestly don't blame the insurance company.  This drug is about 20K a year.   Time will tell when or if Carter gets to be on the drug again and make it to five foot three.  Bummer. 

Tuesday:
Pinewood Derby was on Tuesday!

Colby with his car named Speedy.  
This was Colby's first derby and he's only been waiting for like three years for the chance to race.  (Its hard to have older brothers who have all the fun sometimes.) Steve and Colby finished the car just in the nick of time. 

These were my scouts just a few months ago before I was put into RS.  I miss these little creatures.
They kept my life lively.  Here they are ready to RACE!



Colby won Most Ingenious.

And…he won first place in his den and second overall in his pack.  He gets to go to district in April at the mall here in Twin.  He's all sorts of excited!

 Wednesday:
VT in the morning for me.
Mutual in the evening for the boys. 
Steve is planning camp outs for the 12 year old boys. and Andrew is trying to finish up his last few merit badges so he can earn his Eagle.

I'm sure Wednesday is when my sister Jolyn and I spent most of our evening texting and emailing house plans to each other.  It's wonderful having a house plan buddy to share my obsession with.  She will most likely build WAY before I do, but its fun to share nonetheless.  I can live through her dream right?

Thursday:
We fed the sister missionaries and then I left to go on visits for RS.  
I'm thrilled to say that I'm enjoying the visiting part of my calling.   I'm getting to know the women in my ward one on one.  It's really fun and I'm learning to love this calling.  (please don't anyone pass out that I wrote that.)
Carter stayed home from school with the same stomach bug that Colby had the week before.  It's a "south pole" stomach bug that didn't affect his blood sugar much, but sure affected the time he was spending in the bathroom.  Poor kid.

Friday:
I was lazy Friday.  I didn't go anywhere and hardly did anything beyond the normal laundry and kid duty.

Friday night the middle three kids took turns belting themselves into blankets and then screaming at the top of their lungs.  Classy.
Friday night Steve and I stayed up until 1am watching Downton Abbey season 5 that my mom lent me. 

Saturday (today):
Steve took Carter and Colby to Baldy Mountain and met Andrew there with his ski club.
They are currently on their way home and from the sound of it had a miserable time.  Colby was pretty freaked out by the terrain of Baldy and they ended up leaving and spending most of their day on Dollar Mountain.  Carter then proceeded to lose his blood sugar monitor.  Steve didn't sound to thrilled on the phone.
Saylor, Grady and I have spent the day cleaning, watching movies and cleaning out closets and filling bags for the DI.
Saylor is currently hounding me to make treats with her….


No comments:

Post a Comment