Monday, January 19, 2015

The Boat

 One of my most favorites days in Maui was Thursday, the day we went to Molokini.  
We reserved spots on a catamaran that took us out to the small snorkeling island.  
The boat was spacious, not crowded and the crew was super gracious.
I felt like I was living in another world.  Add that to the fact that it was 80 degrees in January and at home my family was dealing with snow…totally living in another world.  

Pulling into the island.

View from the water. 
Andrew received a water proof camera for Christmas and was kind enough to let me take it on my trip.

One of many underwater pictures I promised Andrew.

Me…underwater.

Our boat.
Andrew pointed out to me that the name of the boat was ironic.  
Clever kid.

Part of the group on the boat paid to snuba…a combination of snorkeling and scuba diving.  I was too chicken to try.  Plain snorkeling was an adventure enough for me!  But, I did get a few good shots of them underwater.

A humpback whale that surfaced right next to our boat.
It was an escort whale that came between our boat and a mother whale with her newborn (tiny for a whale) calf.  Crazy crazy crazy!

On the way back to Maui.


No comments:

Post a Comment