Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Adventures in moving.

Before I get to the moving bit, I figured I better document Kane Lake this year.  Steve is over the deacons in our ward and for this annual Kane Lake hike the teachers were invited too.  Andrew was crazy excited as this is his favorite place to camp.  They spent two nights this time and enjoyed every minute of it as they always do.
The beauty of this place is overwhelming.  

Now is this beautiful?  Nope.
Teenage boys do weird (hilarious) things.  Andrew ducked out of the shot when Steve got his camera out.  Smart move.  This is destined to end up on a t-shirt one day.

I love when my men folk have amazing experiences.

Ok…now on to the moving adventures.

When we accepted the offer on our house about a month ago, we rented a storage unit and got busy.
It is 12x24 and we packed that thing Tetris style to the ceiling.
My parents graciously invited us to live in their home for six months (please only be six months for their sakes) while our home is being built.  After looking at some rentals, I couldn't help but accept their kind offer.   We started packing to fill the storage unit and haven't stopped working yet.
 The rest of the pictures are just tidbits of events that have happened since.

We built one last fire in our new fire pit.
The kids have demanded one at the new house.  I agree.

I packed and the kids kept cool in the sprinklers during 100 degree weather.

We sold our downstairs couches and the kids had a few moments of horse play before they were picked up.

We moved everything to my parents house that we will need on July 4th.  It was crazy hot.  Carter found the best way to cool off.

Had to include this.  Steve took the kids to his parents house for fireworks that night.  Grandpa Dixon has built the most amazing fountain at the front of his property.  The kids call it Treasure Island. This is the only picture he took that night…and I love it!

My dad is enjoying having a hiking partner living with him.  These two left Monday morning super early to enjoy some outdoor adventures.  I have a feeling it wont be the last time. 

We own a lot of junk.  
All of our furniture is going into a mobile storage unit tonight.  The teachers in our ward are helping Steve pack the storage unit for ym's.  They will provide the muscle and will provide the pizza and cold drinks. 

Its surreal having this in my driveway.

Last family picture at 1006 Cobble Creek Rd.
(Our new home will be at 1074 Cobble Creek.  Glad we get to move back to the best neighborhood ever!!)


This morning the weather was cool and cloudy.  My mom and I packed the kids to the SunWay park less that a mile from her house.   There was hardly anyone there at 9 am and the kids had the run of the place.
Grady loves being independent on the big slides.

Slide wars.

Spinning girl.

Colby trying not to break his other arm.

Not sure how I got this picture, but it cracks me up!

Love my munchkins.

1 comment:

  1. You brave adventurers! Excited to see the progress on your new home and glad you will get to live in that same fun neighborhood!! And, your parents are pretty much the best ever.

    ReplyDelete