Monday, June 7, 2010

Block

I feel like I'm in the middle of a block.

Writers Block
Cleaning Block
Cooking Block  (you should see what I have been serving and calling dinner- pathetic)
Laundry Block
Parenting Block
Whatever Block

My only desire is to read a not so intelligent book and/or take a nap.  (And yes...I'd rather read a Twilight book than a Jane Austin.  I'm in brain rotting mode and having to think about what I was reading would take ALL the fun out of it.)

I don't think it's that I'm depressed- totally opposite.  I'm happy that I'm actually free.  Free from having to go anywhere or do anything.  It's wonderful.  It's summer.

-Nobody needs their sugars checked at school. (he's home!)
-We can eat up what we have in our house. (who needs fresh ingredients...watched Nacho Libre last night and just typing "fresh ingredients" makes me laugh)
-Can't work in the yard. (too wet from rain)
-Kids are wearing mismatched clothes. (could care less about the mountain of laundry sitting next to the washer)
-Nobody is getting their hair or make up done today. (why why why)


I'm hoping this lazy care free attitude lasts just long enough to truly enjoy it, but not so long that I end up on one of those hoarding intervention shows. (I promise to take out the trash- promise!)

To summer...may it be lazy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jill! Please like you are really that bad! If I had just baked a million yummy cookies for my neighbor I would have cooking block too! I didnt but I still have it! Im so mean and am so tired of my kids lying to me that I finally grounded them from playing with your kids and yes from bowling. That means I'm grounded too! It sucks!!!! I'm so mad about it! I have a huge headache and I just want another bucket of diet coke and a crap load of your yummy cookies to make it all go away followed by atleast 3 hours of running/walking to work it all off, but without kids! H-E-L-P!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, your trip sounds SO fun; and you'd be embarassed at how much I laughed at YOUR personal jokes:) I loved the 'graduation' pictures of the future pizza maker! And your photos of Saylor get better & better & better... Yay for summer!

    ReplyDelete