I'm not a decorator. I don't have the talent to decorate.
My excuse for this lack of talent, is that I don't like things cluttered up. But I really just can't decorate.
However, I've always dreamed of having jars of candy on top of my cabinets. So this week, I bit the bullet and tried to "do it yourself" with jars and various candy.
I'm way happy with the result...but be warned for anyone who likes this idea. Candy is more expensive than you think it would be, even if you buy it in bulk. (green jelly bellies especially...yikes)
Hopefully my children won't be too tempted to climb on the cupboards to steal a treat. They've been warned of the consequences. Steve was grateful I didn't use swedish fish. He prefers them stale.
My garden has also kept me busy in the last few weeks.
It's looking good, but the weather has been so cold everything is still small and slow growing
...except the peas.
They are loving the cold wet weather. I will never again have peas this fabulous.
These ones are taller than my knees.
Carter asks every day when we can eat them.
I'm enjoying the summer berry season.
Waffles have made it onto our table more than could be considered healthy.
If you would like an absolute killer waffle recipe...and you don't mind a "little" butter, let me know.
I looked out my front window this afternoon and discovered that my front porch has turned into the neighborhood "Dixon Nascar" bleachers. Andrew and Carter were entertaining the rest of the kiddos with their keen RC driving skill.
(cough cough on the driving skills)
Lastly...and definitely the most disgusting, Steve ordered a butterfly kit for the boys. Ten tiny cute caterpillars show up on our doorstep last week. Now they are just big fat gross messy caterpillars making cocoons in my kitchen. Gag.
...can't wait until they turn into butterflies so we can let them loose outside and birds can eat them!
(I am not a cool mom.)
Gross I had to scroll past the catapillars cause they were making me gag! Love the decorating Jill I think it may be your new calling in life!!
ReplyDeleteI would love a killer waffle recipe. My kids would eat them daily if I let them. A new recipe would be great. If you are serious email me at allred_amy@yahoo.com Love your blog. You always make me laugh!!!
ReplyDeletePS - free Chick-Fil-A breakfasts for dads this morning. Jeff ENJOYED it and we thought of you
Hey Jill! I was just enjoying catching up on the Dixons. What a cute, fun family you have! It has always been my dream as well to have jars full of candy, but I am afraid I would not be as strong as you and I would eat them all. They look great. I also dream of having a garden one day. I definitely think you are a cool mom!
ReplyDelete