Today was the first day of school.
Carter started 1st grade and Andrew started (be still my heart) 5th.
This is pretty much the only decent picture I have of the two of them this morning because my perfect first day of school picture taking opportunity quickly turned into...
this...
and this...
and this.
Ghee Whiz.
I'm jealous of mothers who look forward to school starting.
I actually dread it.
Here was my schedule today:
8:00 am: Took boys to school. Checked Carters BG-332. (normal for after breakfast spike)
9:30 am: Back at school. Checked Carter- 180. Gave snack and insulin.
11:15: Back at school. Check Carter for lunch- 75. Give insulin with lunch.
2:30: Back at school again. Check Carter- 63. Gave juice.
Stay at school until 3:10 to pick up boys.
Needless to say, I'm exhausted. Colby is sick of going to the school. Saylor didn't get a decent nap.
One day down, hundreds to go.
Luckily, starting tomorrow, my wonderful friend in going to carpool with me taking and picking kids up from school. Between her, Steve and my fabulous mother who has offered to take the pm blood sugar check and pick up...I might just make it through the school year.
If you can't get a hold of me from now until June, please understand that I'm probably at the school
PS...don't get diabetes. It really sucks.
PPS...Andrew and Carter both have WONDERFUL teachers this year and both came home thrilled with their first day. Andrew was even happy about his math homework. (that's a new one)
I'm elated.
...but still tired.
Your boys look so handsome! I feel super lucky and spoiled that I got to talk on the phone with you today:) Good luck with your crazy schedule, thank goodness for Mom! What would we do without her?
ReplyDeleteugh... I am so sorry. I can't imagine. Let me know if EVER i can help. Lucy ADORES playmates and we would love to have Colby over and Saylor for that matter if it is just one of those days-- I am dead serious too.
ReplyDeleteholy cow your boys are so grownup and handsome!!!!!!! I'm sorry that you have such crazy days!!! You are awesome Jill:-)
ReplyDeleteSo sorry that it's such a crazy hectic time. Carter is lucky to have a good mom like you. :)
ReplyDeleteHey it was a pleasure to have Colby as a passenger this morning on the Carpool Express! I expect to have him ever Mon. Wed. Fri. mornings ride along jammies and all and would love to have him come along to pick up the kids if you would like! It was a very educational drive! I found out a lot of things I didnt know! I'm so glad to help and wish that you would USE ME MORE!!! I like being used Jill!! .....and please....you are a fantastic friend not me!!
ReplyDeleteThose boys are hilarious! And you are a CHAMPION my friend! Seriously!! Good luck with the crazy school year.
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing Jill!
ReplyDeleteDo they not have a school nurse? Just curious, because this makes me so tired just reading it. I still have no idea how we are going to handle school. Right now Miles checks himself at preschool, and his teacher (who also knows how to check him) send me the number in a text. So far it's been a good system, but I know that's not going to fly come kindergarten.
ReplyDelete