Yes-we went to the fair.
Yes -I actually went.
Please don't pass out from shock.
If you know me...you know the fair pretty much covers three of my most hated situations.
Crowds...check.
Heat...check.
Nasty people wearing inappropriate 'revealing too much body hair and tattoos' clothing, all while yelling at their poor unkempt children and chain smoking....check check check.
Add the smell of grease, BO and animal stench to all of the above and you have a description of my own personal hell.
Sounds fun doesn't it???
But my family talked me into it.
(The fact that we went early and it was only in the high 70's helped too.)
So here are a few (of practically hundreds) of the pictures I took while enduring the Twin Falls County Fair.
Disclaimer: This is one of those annoying posts where WAY too many pictures are posted. Pictures that only the blog author fully appreciates and spent hours trying to whittle down to the few dozen that were truly necessary to share. ...Because you know, everyone loves my pictures as much as me.
(Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm. The fair brings it out in me.)
Stamped and ready to roll.
...maybe the Super Tilt wasn't such a good idea.
"Mom, I'm a grumpy old bus driver!"
Wah-Hoo!
Chillin' in my sports car.
Wait a gosh-darn minute.
I thought he had to be 16 before he could ride on roller coasters with girls.
Don't the Carnies know this family rule?
Big horse. Small Colby
(Colby is blurry because the horse was going for his head at this exact moment. Colby moved.)
Hazard of taking my stroller into the horse barn.
Lovely.
What does a diabetic eat at the fair?
MEAT!
He's been asking for 'steak on a stick' for a week now.
(Please note the drop of meat juice caught in mid air. Delish)
The only picture of me at the fair...and I'm eating.
What else is new.
Grandma love.
My favorite picture
Nope, my kids were not in it.
I entered one very similar to this in the fair photo contest.
I'm not banking on winning, but it was fun to send it in anyway.
Saylor starting out strong.
...going, going...
gone.
The end.
Oh I can just smell it- Grease and smoke all rolled into one:) Your pictures are hilarious! We will have to tell Agnus and her moley arms to move over because Carter is the new bus driver in town baby! I hope your elephant ear was delish. Wish I could have been with you:)
ReplyDeletePS- Saylor you are too cute, I love her chubby cheeks trying to squeeze inbetween the straps!
Jill, loved the post, it brought back a lot of fair memories. I really like the picture of Colby on the coaster!
ReplyDeleteWell...its a good thing your white trash neighbors were out of town cause otherwise you wouldve seen them there...unkept kids and all! I love the pic of colby in his sports car....i hope he was saving that seat next to him for me! such a sweet boy!! Looks like you copied me and have the same bike trailer......great!!!
ReplyDeletelol!! k we will see ya on Monday!! Yeah!!!
Can Saylor be any sweeter? LOVE chubby thighs.
ReplyDelete