I'm very behind with everything, and this is mostly due to the fact that school is out. Hurry!
Summer vacation has officially begun and were hoping it will be warmer than our spring has been. We had highs in the 50's last week. Yuck.
Today hit close to 80.
Things are looking up.
Because I am so behind, I'm just posting a bunch of pictures and not taking the time to put them in the correct order- they are actually backwards chronologically.
It's summer now and I don't care.
But the last few days have been eventful.
Saylor is learning the art of RC cars. We start 'em young around here.
She has already perfected the art of loving her dad.
I'm not sure what this pose is...but I like it anyway.
Please ignore the muddy puddle of who knows what behind Colby. We have some drainage problems and as we actually sprung and had our lawn sprayed (hallelujah), we had to water it a ton yesterday. Hence the cesspool. Whether or not my boys or my nephews actually relieved themselves in it will remain a secret. But the rumor has flown.
While Steve and I were in Idaho Falls last weekend, we stopped by Toys R Us to look for Saylor an outside toy. I wanted it mostly to keep her contained while I work in the yard. Would Steve let me buy a cute pink car? NOPE! He bought her her own bumpy truck.
She loves it just as Steve knew she would.
It is still in the house because once it gets dirty, it can't come back inside.
I'll be moving it out this week when I need to weed my garden!
Yes...the boys danced.
If you can call what Carter is doing dancing.
We've also been flying Steve's power foil kites. This picture was taken right before Steve called it an afternoon last Monday. The kids were whiny and Steve was annoyed. Just thought I would document Steve not being happy. Its rare...really rare and deserves documenting to make me look better. :)
Carter had a darling first grade play last week. He was a messenger in the Princess and the Pea production and he did a wonderful job. His lines were memorized and delivered with ease and flare.
He's adorable.
I was a crappy mom and forgot my video camera and good camera. This happens when a mom has to drag two other children with her to events in the afternoon when one of the children in tow should be taking a nap. Phone cameras are a poor substitute, but better than nothing.
Carter and Mrs. Black.
This teacher is gold. GOLD I tell you. She learned the ins and outs of diabetes and even mastered Carter's pump. I will miss this woman next year. Both Carter and I wish she could move up to second grade. But that wouldn't be fair for the kids going into first grade. They deserve a teacher like this!
Andrew did not get a picture taken with his teacher this year. Fifth graders are too cool for that sort of thing. However, Mr. Cieslick was the perfect teacher for Andrew this year. Andrew excelled in all subjects and learned to work extremely hard. We couldn't be happier with Andrew's last year in elementary school.
Carter's end of year celebration was held at Harry Barry Park just a few blocks from the school.
One game station the kids participated in was the parachute. Kill me this looks so fun!
Mrs. Black even let Colby join in. Bless that woman!
Juice boxes are not just for diabetics.
Colby and his make out buddy.
-just hugging this time though thank goodness.
...note to self.
Take more pictures of Andrew.
Jill,
ReplyDeleteYou need more love and especially through comments.
About the muddy (urine) puddle. The question is not if, but how many of them did and who was able to see! If it was Wes, the whole neighborhood would get a show. He drops drawers all the way. He is good about not giving me extra laundry.
Love the pictures of the boys dancing. Steve's smile is contagious.
And Colby, way to keep things appropriate for the photo op!
P.S. We ate at Kiwi Loco last night, in Pocatello I might add. Delish! Their location is awesome and the store is huge. Envious????? You should be! :)
Now we might be even on the envy side of things. Why couldn't Wy have had Mrs Black?
Cute, cute picture of Saylor hugging Steve. Must melt your heart. :) And I know how it feels to have a husband who rarely gets mad. I have one too. So I should take a picture if I ever see it happen to make me look better too!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE your blog Jill! Your kids are soooo cute!!
ReplyDelete