Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

To celebrate Memorial Day today, we visited the grave of Steve's grandfather and great grandparents.
I love going to the Twin Falls cemetery on Memorial Day.  It's beautiful with all the flowers and is such a peaceful place.  Too bad my children need to be taught a little respect and proper cemetery decorum.
They did not "show well" this afternoon.

For example...
Carter exclaiming in the loud voice only Carter has, "Are there really dead people under all these stones?"

or....
Colby yelling, "There sure are a lot of dead people around here."

and lastly...
After Andrew exclaimed that he "found it"- it being the buried vase next to the headstone which had been overgrown with grass, Carter yelled out, "WHAT- A HAND?"  

My kids have watched too many scary movies.
Really.

I can't tell you how many times I had to tell them to say cemetery...not graveyard.
But even with my childrens' uncouth behavior, it was still a beautiful afternoon.
The crew.


Beautiful Saylor with beautiful flowers.


Colby with dangerous tools...what else is new.


Carter..well you know...but again, what else is new.
(I know it was wrong to take this picture.  I also know it was even more wrong to post it, but I couldn't help myself!  He was oblivious even though I was shouting his name.)


Handsome Grandpa Dixon


Darling Grandma Dixon
(she'll be mad when she realizes I posted this)

The kiddos.
Could they look less enthused?


Say in the wind.


Carter replacing the flowers so I could get a picture.


Saylor destroying flowers placed on a strangers grave.  Sorry.
But I let her because she was crossing her feet like she always does when she is content and comfy and I wanted a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment