Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hades is feeling a bit cooler these days

It's no secret how I really feel about camping, so when Steve announced that for Elders Quorum he was planning a family camp out I was obviously less than thrilled.
After a few minor complaints by yours truly about the entire affair, my loving husband officially uninvited me.   I was actually overjoyed by the unvitation, but after a few days of self reflection, I decided I better "happy up" and be part of this family.  I humbly asked forgiveness and Steve reinstated my rightful position in our family.  aka...he wanted me to pack. 

 Here are a few pictures from our camping trip last weekend. 
(And by camping trip, I mean that I drove Saylor and I home to sleep and then drove back up to the South Hills the next morning to pick up the boys.  Camping in my own bed is the kind of camping I tolerate best. )
 Setting up tents.

Hunting wabbits.

Hiding in the shadows so mom can't get good pictures.

Self worship.

The boys had a wonderful time exploring and playing with the many other kids from our ward whos families participated.  They soaked up nature.
 (as much nature as a run-of-the-mill car campground can offer three small boys)

 
Saylor on the other hand has a little too much of her mother in her.
She scowled...
and threw dirty looks  most of the time.

Us Dixon girls like our AC and indoor plumbing.
We need to get better attitudes.

Overall, the activity was a success and I'm grateful to Steve for all his hard work making memories for our children.

I'm also grateful for the family who brought Cheetos and shared them with my children.
Colby and Saylor would have starved otherwise.


2 comments:

  1. This is not even at all about the topic you posted, but I must say I do love your hair in that cute picture of you and Saylor. Not kidding at all. Total having hair envy over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got back from camping. I hate to admit that it was fun. And I have no trouble admitting I'm glad we're done for the year. Also...I have "wedding" pictures just like that! haha, me and my sister-in-law wearing our wedding dresses! And they say you only wear it once.

    Oh yeah, email me those swim pictures...if they still exist...please? julianna.hunt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete