We got ready this morning and headed a whole ten miles out of our comfort zone to the Jerome Car Show. Steve was excited, the kids were excited and I was just happy I wasn't going to have to make lunch!
I tried to gear myself up on the ride there knowing that any car show in Idaho has to be close to the experience one has at a county fair in Idaho...minus the animal smell of course. And I was right to prepare myself as we didn't really fit in with most of the crowd. For example, we don't have any tattoos or crazy piercings, none of my boys have long braided ponytails, and I-luckily for everyone- do not wear daisy dukes and overly tight wifebeaters. (I like my wifebeaters loose thank you.)
But with Steve's crowd philosophy in hand- 'if you can't beat them, join them'- we endured...and enjoyed. There were even free ice cream bars! Wahoo!
As we walked around the Jerome City Park, my children were primed and taught to follow in their fathers example of what I call "loving really ugly cars." It's a trait in Steve I find endearing and lovable. I would rather him love old ugly cars than really expensive new cars, even if it means I might have a few ugly car specimens sitting up on cinder block in my front yard one day.
We stopped for pictures in front of some of Steve's favorite beauties.
He would own most of these if we had the money and garage space.
(luckily we have neither)
Thank you Andrew for modeling this Barracuda for us.
What this picture is not showing, is the word Commando further up towards the front of the car.
"Come on Jill, why wouldn't you want a car with the word Commando on it?" Steve asked.
Um...maybe because the word Commando for me means going without any underwear...and I am kind of an underwear kind of person.
One of Andrew's favorites.
I'm actually alright with this one because if he took a date out in it, there isn't room to make out in the back seat.
(A good mom has to think about these things.)
Carter's favorite.
I think he likes it because he is taller than it.
Colby pouting because he could not sit down inside the previous car.
But he did make up for the pouting by pulling this cute face when he was able to get into a decked out Blazer, oh I mean Bronco. Like I can tell the difference.
Steve salivated a little over this car too.
(I...did not.)
The street legal dune buggy was also a hit.
Obviously.
Saylor helping out.
Carter enjoying one delicious corn dog.
(I stole a bite...I have a secret shameful love of county fair/trashy car show corn dogs.)
The only picture with me in it compliments of Andrew.
Another favorite of Steve's.
I didn't take one of him with the VW Thing because I still have guilt over the one I made him sell so we could afford to move to Virginia. I don't think he will ever completely forgive me for that one. Why do I feel this way? Because he still has a framed picture of that car hidden in his nightstand.
Classic Saylor face.
Let me translate...."Why am I sitting here at this car show? Don't you think I have better, more girly things to do today? Come on Mom and Dad!"
"No really, do you know that we could be at a mall right now?"
So fun! glad you ventured out but too bad it wasnt to a mall! Oh and HELLO!!! You look fantastic and your hair is so long!!!!! So good to see pics of you too!
ReplyDeleteAgain, with the great hair. Wow, I seriously need some style lessons from you. You do look fantastic! :)
ReplyDeleteSo are you submitting any of your pictures to the fair this year? You still have a few days (have to drop them off Sat or Sun) and you have LOTS of great shots so I hope you do!
And quite randomly last, I dreamed last night that you announced on your blog you were having twins. Consider yourself warned. haha! :)