Monday, August 29, 2011

goodbye glasses


Friday morning Steve and I traveled to Boise in what would be my last car ride wearing glasses.
I had Lasik surgery that afternoon and now see 20/20 without corrective lenses of any kind.
I'm pretty happy about it.

To prepare for the surgery, I had to go without my contact lenses for an entire month.  It was slightly torturous.  I also had to limit my caffeine intake that morning to practically nothing...hence why I look like I'm about to pass out in this picture.

The procedure was uncomfortable, but not horrible.  If you don't really think about your corneas being flayed open and lasered you don't get too nervous.  (and the Valium helps too)  After the surgery was another story.  I could go on about how much it hurt afterword, but I'll just simply say that it felt like I had glass in my eyes for about four hours.  After that, I was really light sensitive with puffy drippy eyes.  Four hours of pain to see without glasses is totally worth it. 

My sister was a fabulous host and took care of every whim and need I had for the next 24hours.  Steve was wonderful also and brought me plenty of diet soda and take out.  As of now, I can't wear makeup for two weeks (oh darn...I really crying.), I need to put eye drops in my eyes at least every hour, my eyes get really tired way too early in the day, I see halos at night, and I get to wear really sexy goggles to sleep in for the next week to protect my eyes from rubbing.  
Would I do it again?  Absolutely.

Thanks to Steve's parents for watching Andrew, Colby and Saylor for the time we were gone!  The kids had a blast and I didn't worry about them even once!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!!! Congrats! So happy for you!! Glad you were able to consume so delicious Boise take out for 24hrs! So yummy! Can't wait to see ya! I wish I could have that done!

    ReplyDelete