Thursday, October 27, 2011

I'm no party planner

It's no secret, friend birthday parties are not my cup of tea (I mean diet Pepsi), but I love my kids so every so often when the moon and stars align just right, I'll throw a party for one of them.

An eighth birthday is a BIG deal, so Carter got a friend party this year.
I threw it at Kiwi Loco here in town because,
1. the party room is FREE
2.  on Wednesday nights, kids cups are only $1
(aka:  I am cheap)

We invited a slew of Carter's friends, played silly games, and ate mass quantities of frozen yogurt...at least as much as the kids could slam into a tiny cup that only cost me a dollar.

It was chaos.

But Carter was happy and he got lots of cool stuff. 
I feel like I fleeced his friend's parents.  Carter got awesome Lego toys and all these kids got sent home with was a huge box of Mike & Ikes.  
(I'm working on other peoples kid's cavities.  It never hurts to help out the local dentist.)

Carter, I hope you know how much I love you!  If I didn't, I would have never tortured myself with 14 sugared-up children in a tiny enclosed room for a whole hour.  When you have kids of your own, you will understand true love.


1 comment:

  1. Not cheap, just no need to spend crazy amounts of money on a kid's birthday party. He was just as happy as if you'd thrown the most extravagant circus ever. And that means you can use all the money you saved on a trip to Ann Taylor, right?? :)

    ReplyDelete