Thursday, December 1, 2011

Holding Hands By Fifth Grade?

Carter's lunch break coincides with Colby's kindergarten dismissal.  Lucky for me.  After lunch, I peek into Colby's class and pull him out just as the kids are putting on their coats.  It saves me from waiting outside with Saylor in the cold.

Today, Carter ate fast (complaining that he was still starving because we were out of gogurts this morning) and I got to Colby's class a little early.  I watched as Colby's teacher wrapped up her lesson and got the class ready to go home.  Colby was walking towards the door to leave with me, stopped in his tracks and told me he forgot something.  He then turned around, walked up to girl #1 and gave her a huge hug goodbye.  Colby then walked up to girl #2 and gave her an even bigger hug.  She looked at Colby, glanced at me and then laid a big smooch on Colby's left cheek?   Uhhhhhhh......???

I picked my jaw off the floor, started laughing and then asked Colby's teacher if this was a common occurrence.  She smiled and then told me I had better get used to this..."Colby is a cute kid."  She then looked at me, eye's twinkling (Colby's kindergarten teacher's eyes twinkle.  Only the best teachers eyes do you know) and added, "He'll probably be holding hands by the fifth grade."  She then laughed out loud at my blank confused overwhelmed stare.

Colby's romantic life is going to be wild.

I. am. in. big. trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment