My sister Jolyn and her husband Dan came to Twin Falls for a week of...vacation?
(Is vacationing in Twin falls really a vacation?)
Whether it was restful for them or not, I'm really happy they came. We only see them once or twice a year, so when they do come, we tend to drop everything else and hang out at Mom's. I got nothing done this week except for gaining weight (we make a lot of treats Jolyn and I) and using my broken dryer as an extra excuse to be at Mom's guilt free. (But I'm REALLY ready for my dryer to be fixed. It's going on 10 days and it's getting really old. The part will be here on Monday. Thank goodness.)
When Jolyn and Dan are here, my saintly mother always watches the kiddos so us crazy parents can go out together for a date night. Here are Jo and Dan looking ever so hungry.
Steve and I ignoring each other as usual.
Actually I think he was just mad because I ordered my burger with onions.
Just kidding. We really do like one another.
Sometimes.
I'm not going to lie, when we get together with these two, it gets a little nuts.
(ha ha...get it..."nuts")
The real question is whether those nuts went back into the comunity bowl. Hmmm.
Wait a fine minute...what are two crazy gluten free girls doing at a place like Five Guys? That sounds like digestive suicide to me. Well, luckily the Celiac Gods have smiled on us and Five Guys does not mix their gluteny buns with anything else. We order our hamburgers wrapped in lettuce and we were good to go. And the fries...totally free game! This is what was left of my GF bacon cheese burger with onions. I stunk to high heaven the rest of the night...Steve wouldn't let me come close to him.
After we stuffed ourselves silly we went to Target to pick up a few essentials- you know, toilet paper, dish soap, Twilight t-shirts...things like that.
Um...sorry about the unflattering picture Jo, but I promise you will get even with me later in this post.
Told you so.
This has got to be the most unflattering picture known to mankind. But the look on my face shows my excitement for what we were really at Target for- Season two of Downton Abby on BlueRay. I couldn't stand waiting for each Sunday night to come, so I just bought the sucker. If you want to borrow it, I will let you, but it will cost you a bowl of buttered popcorn and a package of sour patch kids.
Speaking of unflattering pictures...
we went skiing Thursday at Pomerelle and who wears makeup skiing?
High level discussions in the car.
Proving that my cheeks are indeed real and not the product of a small jittery rodent hiding acorns in my face.
Dan and Jo in all their majesty.
Pomerelle was great and the snow was just about perfect. It snowed about an inch Thursday morning while we were there and it made the newly groomed runs even softer. The side effect of new wet snow...we were all soaked to our tighty-whities because of the wet chair lifts.
I also had to buy goggles because my sun glasses weren't cutting it when the moisture was coming down. The selection of goggles at the lodge is not great and neither are the prices. However, I was miserable and needed a pair BAD! These have to be the biggest goggles I have ever seen in my life! Laugh if you must, but my bug eyes were warm and dry the rest of the day.
I tried and tried to get pictures of my boys skiing. They avoided me like I was a steaming bowl of clam chowder. (sorry Mom!) This was the first time I had seen either of them ski, as I have always been home with little ones and had to miss out on the skiing fun. Both Carter and Andrew did great and I had a hard time keeping up with them. I love having a sport we can do as a family!
Andrew giving me the cold shoulder. Yes Boy, I know you can beat me down the hill, but I pay for your ticket so smile already!
I wasn't kidding about them beating me down the hill.
There they go!
Thanks Jo and Dan for spending your time off with us. We honestly cant wait for the next time you are here!
Oh, I am jealous about Downton Abbey. Please tell me there are some happy endings for someone - like Mr. Bates and Anna, and Matthew and Mary. I guess I'll just have to wait a couple more weeks...and then until next season. Sisters are the best - glad you got to spend time with yours. Your posts make me smile.
ReplyDeleteOh so fun! So since she came and visited you now its your turn to come here right??!! I think I say this every post, but sure do miss you guys! Glad you found a fun activity to do together too! Jas is jealous! He really wanted to teach the kids how to ski while we lived there! boooo!
ReplyDeletewhoa that's a lot going on, but oh so much fun. can't wait to see you guys! i miss skiing and love downton.
ReplyDeleteWhere am I looking in that first picture? I swear I am not usually cross eyed! We had so much fun with your family and it was so hard to leave! You are the best! Thanks for posting such unflattering pictures of me on your blog...just remember paybacks are a B! (Insert evil laugh!)
ReplyDelete