Saturday, April 28, 2012

Colby's 6th Birthday

My youngest son turned six on the 25th of April!
He was pretty excited about it.
He ordered a new big wheels and a store bought cake.
Pretty easy request if you ask me.
He also wanted to go to Burger King for lunch and dinner...and go swimming.
I'm proud to say that all his birthday wishes came true.
(I'm I proud he ate nothing but junk that day?  No...but I didn't have to fix any meals so I got over the guilt quickly.)

 The cake from the store.  
I let Colby put in his own candles because six year olds are old enough to do that!

 I also let him get away with eating sprinkles off the cake.  But, only because it was his birthday.

 Colby wanted to go shopping and pick out his new big wheels.  The toy store didn't have exactly what he wanted, but they did have something better.  It's called an Easy Glider (or Easy Rider-I can't remember) and  is powered by pushing your feet back and forth.  Colby is already WAY too fast on it and scares me to death every time he goes around a corner.

He also picked out his present from Grandma Walker. 
He is in love with his stuffed wolf and new Tonka garbage truck. 

 Grandma Dixon gave him COLD HARD CASH.  
He was elated!

Happy Birthday my darling six year old!  
We love you to pieces!


...and just for history sakes, here are Andrew and Carter when they turned six.
You can tell what kind of mother I used to be.  I used to make cakes for my children.  They were huge and fabulous with the first child, and then diminished with the second.  The third child gets cakes form the store.  I must be getting tired in my old age.
Andrew Stephen Dixon 
Age 6
Richmond, Va

Carter Dean Dixon
Age 6
Twin Falls, Idaho



2 comments:

  1. I love the comparison photos of your 3 cute boys! I think that Colby had every 6-yr-old's dream bday:) You're a great mom. And how AWESOME is that Easy Glider/Rider?!! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy late birthday Colby!! Such a great 6 year old!!!

    ReplyDelete