How do I put this delicately?
Every 28 days or so...I honestly lose my mind and become a crazy person. Blame the moon, the rotation of the earth around the sun, my hormonal shifts...or whatever, I honestly morph into a different person that I do not know...or like...or understand.
Mentally:
I no longer have rational thoughts.
I'm more irritable than a mother bear.
I can't stand being in the same room as myself.
Physically:
I gain five or so pounds for no reason.
The majority of my clothes no longer fit. (only the items with copious amount of elastic)
I can sleep for hours without reprieve of exhaustion.
I'm in constant pain.
Socially:
For all the reasons above...I should not be seen socially.
I think my husband today is contemplating packing up the kids and moving away for the next 5-7 days.
I'm contemplating crawling into my closet and disappearing...that or underneath my bed. (But alas, the extra weight around my midsection would inhibit me from fitting either place.)
I fully realize this post is completely inappropriate in every way.
But when have I ever been appropriate?
Before I type something even more inappropriate, I'm going to drown my sorrows in four ibuprofen and a pint of Ben and Jerry's. (If I'm going to gain 5 pounds it might as well be for a delicious reason.)
Glad I'm not the only one. It's pretty embarrassing when I come out the other side each time. My poor family...
ReplyDeleteWe've all been there. And that's why it's not inappropriate. You know your audience, don't you. :) Oh, we can ALLLLLL relate to this!
ReplyDelete