Monday, April 23, 2012

Winner

I have failed to mention that my childrens' poor mouth pleading actually worked.
Steve won a CVT rooftop tent.  
I'm referring to it as "Death on a Land Cruiser" as is surely does not look safe to me.
The kids are in precarious camping equipment heaven.

The funny thing is that Steve did not win the popularity contest that the facebook voting called for. We are facebook losers (I'm grateful for this) and knew we were defeated before the contest even began.
However, the owner of CVT took a liking to my children, especially  Carter Dean, and awarded a demo tent to Steve because, and I quote, "Those little boys deserved it."  
Thank goodness my children are cute on camera because they now get to sleep in this.
The owner of of CVT delivered Steve's tent to my sister's home in Boise.  It was there he told my mom and my sister how cute he thought Carter was and how Carter HAD to have a tent. 
...now if only his big brown eyes and fluttery eyelashes could get him a collage scholarship.

Much to my dismay, the tent is very room and posh as tents go.  
I have a feeling I will have to sleep in it before the summer is over.  
The kids are planning on camping out this weekend come hell or high water, even if it means sleeping in our drive way.  I haven't told them yet, but I've already purchased the smore's stuff in honor of their maiden camping voyage.  I'm looking forward to many quiet weekends with just Say and I at home.


But I'm planning on worrying a lot.
Someone is going to fall and break a limb for sure.
(I'll bet you a thousand bucks his name is Colby.)


**********

This afternoon a clean cut young man came to my door bearing pictures of venomous bugs and dangerous rodents.  He asked if I would like to hear about his pest control services all while dodging wasps buzzing his head.  I would have been able to say no if it wasn't for the wasp nest being built directly above my front door.  I'm thinking that guy planted the nest.
I caved and forked over Andrew's first year of college tuition all so I wouldn't have to hear my kids squeal if fear over the mass swarms of wasps on our porch.  They have taken over my black shutters at the front of my house in past years and then texted their ground burrowing cousins about the prime real estate.  Last year we were all afraid to use our front door.  The black widows setting up shop on the front  step was the kicker.  I don't like those little black spiny legged suckers.

I just paid to have them all killed in a hopefully cruel chemical way.  
Goodbye dear insects.  I will not miss thee.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Hooray for you (well, actually for Steve - and for you and Saylor's alone time) that you have an adorable brown-eyed son who plays it up well for the camera. I must admit, it was an adorable video. Those people would be crazy not to give you one. Fingers crossed for a broken limb free summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for the boys! This is great! Wish you were big FB fans, but oh well glad you guys got one due to adorableness!! Geez you and Say Say should make a video of sorts for a shopping spree! She's so adorable you'd have to win something for that! Those dang bees!! Yikes!! Sorry for Andrew but happy you are going to be big free!!

    ReplyDelete