The past two days have been jammed packed.
I haven't had much time to sit down, but I feel we've made the best and the most of it.
Our family is rolling along with whatever comes our way.
Such as...
Saylor ran a fever the other night and complained that her diaper area hurt.
I was worried she might have a bladder infection. The doctor put a little bag on her to catch her urine and gave me instructions to give her soda to make her produce.
We stopped by Sonic and got her her own little drink and then stopped at Kmart to buy fingernail polish. If she was uncomfy, she might as well still look pretty. The fingernail polish worked as a fabulous distraction.
Turns out she did not have a bladder infection...whew, but just a crazy virus that we will wait out.
In the mean time, Colby has had a low fever and a nasty cough and actually missed his kindergarten graduation Friday.
I'm sad.
I'm hoping to bribe his teacher into letting me take a picture of him in a cap and gown on Monday.
He told me he didn't care and that he sang like a girl and didn't want to go anyway. Nice.
Andrew had a field trip to Nat-Soo-Pah and came home with a sunburn.
We had invited a friend of his over and they spent Friday evening staring intently at the tv playing Skylanders. I'm happy to let his brain rot for a few hours to save his face from getting more sun.
Saylor spent most of the evening in my bed.
We broke out the fire pit in honor of the good weather.
Don't these five people look so enthused?
Roasting hot dogs must be really tedious or just massively enthralling.
As the night cooled down, the neighbor kids came out. I took this picture from my front yard just to show the gaggle of children outside willing to play.
We love our neighborhood. It's quiet, calm and full of friends.
Steve drove the tent trailer in the back yard and spent the night with Wyatt and Carter in the tent.
Before I even got out of bed this morning, Steve had breakfast cooking on his camp stove for us and a few neighbors. Who needs to go camping when you can do ALL of the fun stuff in the backyard?
There were even donuts.
Ahh...donuts. The key to my kids' happiness.
The breakfast crew.
The frosting face.
This afternoon, we broke out the new cheap backyard pool.
It wasn't supposed to make its debut until school was out...but the last three days of school are worthless anyways.
I'm not sure what made me deserve the stink-eye from Colby, but I got it anyways.
Maybe because I took a picture of his farmer tan?
I just made the kids' day even better buy purchasing a Costco size box of corndogs and served them up for lunch.
Thrills are cheap around here.
So...in the past 24 hours my kids have eaten hot dogs, bacon, donuts, ice cream bars, chips and corn dogs. I'm feeling really responsible right now.
Wearing a watermelon and eating watermelon.
I can't resist this girl in this suit!
Thinks he so tough...but still plays with Legos in the pool.
The best cousins in the entire world!
(Too bad I sunburned my nephew. Two applications of sunblock and the mandatory wearing of the shirt later in the afternoon did nothing for this pale-skinned boy. Sorry JaNae!)
Tonight Steve and I want to walk around the new office, put the kids to bed early and then watch a movie. I've had enough excitement and sun for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment