But in our defense, we went to a dental convention first...and the kids wouldn't have liked that.
Steve and I flew to Anaheim last weekend to attend a dental conference and see every dental product imaginable under one roof. It's easy to compare chairs, lights, delivery systems and such when they are all together. Steve and his dental partners are picking out everything for their new office and the dental reps had a glimmer in their eyes the entire time the boys were comparing. We will putting the reps' kids through college and not ours after this office is completed.
However...a free trip is fun no matter what, and I had a good time looking at useless tacky dental products while Steve was shopping for chairs.
For instance, I find this shoe really gross along with the cannibal type necklace displayed behind it.
I mean really, who has time to remember to brush their shoes and jewelery before leaving the house?
Also, who'd really want a Justin Bieber Singing Toothbrush?
I would be afraid one of his flippy hairs would be stuck in the bristles.
Steve parking it when he got a chance.
The vendor behind him parking it also.
Our feet were aching by the afternoon.
After the conference the real fun began.
We ate a lot of gluten free food!
This place is my favorite!
Steve snapped this picture without my knowledge.
Lovely I know.
Saturday, however, we became the meanest parents on the planet and went to DISNEYLAND without our offspring.
And because we didn't take our children, there are no cute nostalgic pictures infront of Disney characters or landmarks, and no perfect memories saved photographically forever of the happiest place on earth.
Instead, we took pictures of things like this sign posted outside the park.
What? Disneyland gives you CANCER?
What the crap?
Steve didn't care though, because he had his imported Fiji water to keep him safe from carcinogens.
(long funny story...will post another time)
Fiji water is the best.
We rode only the rides we felt like and ate what we wanted.
There was no whining, sadness, crying, complaining or anyone saying their feet hurt.
No one tattled, fought, fussed or begged for candy or snacks.
No one complained about standing in line, being too hot or too bored. And no one cried that they had to use the bathroom
It was the best vacation ever.
I think we will go again without our children next year too!
Steve enjoying his free Krispy Kreme in the Star Tours line.
A group of kids had to give them away or throw them away.
Steve was one of the lucky ones.
Phones don't take nice pictures in dark places.
They don't take nice ones in the shade with a bright background either.
Oh well, its better than nothing.
Steve's reaction to having to go on It's a Small World.
My reaction.
Obviously, you can tell who went here is a kid and still has loving feelings to all things Disney and who does not.
My favorite part of the day was eating at the same restaurant my parents took me to when I was little, The Blue Bayou.
It is located in the same building as the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
I remember my dad saying he knew how the restaurant got it's name. The patrons would look at their bill, turn blue, open their wallets and say "Bye You" as they handed over their cash.
I smiled when I looked at our bill "ouch" and thought of my dad.
I appreciated Steve letting me go again. The food was delicious and the place air conditioned and quiet.
It was worth it.
We had a WONDERFUL time. It was Steve's first time at Disneyland and I loved taking him on his maiden voyage. We truly want to come back...and if they are really lucky, we might bring our kids.
Sadly, all good things must come to an end.
My end was the California Screaming roller coaster at California Adventure.
My inner ears apparently do not like going from 0-60 mph in 2 seconds.
After resting for 30 minutes or so, I admitted I didn't want to go on any more rides, even the Tower of Terror that we already had fast passes for. Steve admitted that he was only going on that ride because I wanted to and that he thought he had blisters on his feet. Turns out he did have blisters, so we walked back to our hotel, soaked in the pool, went out to dinner and then watched a movie.
We ditched Disney at night for comfort.
We are old.
We don't care.
...we'll just start our day later next time.
I think you are SMART parents. You actually got to enjoy Disneyland! Parents everywhere should learn from you! :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't been since I was little!! Hoping we make it before the kids get too old, but I think Disney World is closer for us!!
ReplyDeleteYou are also smart for not going on the Tower of Terror. That thing made me cry in the 8th grade.
ReplyDelete