School if officially over for the year in 15 minutes.
I'm at home with a sleeping Saylor and Steve luckily has a break in his schedule and is picking up Andrew and Carter so Say can continue sleeping. (saintly husband)
It has been a fabulous school year.
Both Carter and Colby had terrific teachers- the best of the best.
Colby had Mrs. Roy.
She is the ultimate kindergarten teacher. Colby loved her and was happy to go to school everyday.
This woman dances on tables, has the best witch laugh in the world (only used during the month of October mind you), sings songs, reads stories, has perfect control of the classroom at all times and radiates love for her kindergartners. If I could only clone her. Every five year old needs a Mrs. Roy for kindergarten.
Carter had Mrs. Adams.
I love this woman.
Carter has learned more self discipline and reliance this year than I could ever imagine. He has learned that school is an adventure everyday and has grown scholastically more than I could have dreamed. He has learned what teachers are supposed to be...amazing, dedicated and challenging. I have never been in a classroom like Mrs. Adams classroom. It was what you would describe as awe inspiring. I wish I could start school all over again and have her teach me.
In addition to everything she usually does as a teacher, Mrs. Adams learned diabetes in and out.
Steve and I have discussed how sometimes we forget that Carter's diabetes is a life and death situation everyday. We choose not to dwell on the gravity of the situation because that is not what we want Carter to dwell on. However, sending a 8 year old to school with a disease like diabetes is scary...wicked scary.
Mrs. Adams took diabetes and owned it. We called and texted multiple times a day and she, with Carter's help, kept Carter's blood sugar in check.
I wish I could have Mrs. Adams move up to third grade and teach Carter again. Oh how I wish!
I went in with four other moms on a gift for Mrs. Adams.
Here are the four little buddies in Carter's class. They presented the necklace and flowers to Mrs. Adams at their picnic at Frontier park today. I wish I could pull strings and have them all together again next year!
(When they graduate from high school together, I'm going to take another picture.)
Wyatt is with us again this week (score!) and came along for the last day of school picnic.
I caught him mid-chew.
Saylor admiring her freshly painted nails. She was too pretty to play apparently.
(Note to self: unless you are a professional manicurist, do not buy red nail polish. It looks like Saylor's fingers are bleeding. I'm going to need more practice at this.)
Wyatt showing me his hurt shin. Playgrounds are precarious places.
(Check out that gap in his smile! He lost his top tooth at home this last weekend. Adorable!)
I got a small glimpse of what Carter's recesses have been like for the last year.
Colby way too high up than I choose to show.
Juices are not just for diabetics.
The picnic crew.
...now bring on SUMMER!
The diabetic thing would frighten me beyond words, especially sending him to school. What a wonderful teacher to realize how huge it is and to be so responsible so you and Steve can feel more comfortable sending him to school. Wow.
ReplyDelete