Sometimes we forget that we live by some honestly beautiful landmarks. It's easy to to take for granted the humongous canyon and enormous bridge just five miles from your house when drive by them all the time. For this summer, I would love to fulfill my goal of having a Stay-cation and take the kids to see all the amazing things we have an hour or less away from Twin. There is City of Rocks, Balanced Rock, Craters of the Moon, Shoshone Falls, Twin Falls and so many others.
Last night to kick off our Stay-cation Summer, we took the kids and walked around the Snake River Canyon edge and the Perrine Bridge on the paved walking trail...but let me tell you, the kids had a very difficult time staying on the pavement. Rocks, dirt, sagebrush and emanate death are just too tempting for kids.
The best cousins in the whole world.
Uh...I must have been excited about something.
Saylor was obviously not.
Hurray for I.B. Perrine!
I wonder if he liked getting his armpit tickled when he was alive.
I was fooling with my camera, trying to get the right setting for this picture. I just about had it - the next shot would have been perfect - but Andrew got freaked out by the vibrations from the cars passing overhead and refused to sit here any longer.
Steve was not freaked out. He was remembering his glory days when he did crazy things like cross the bridge underneath...and throw things off. (The shopping cart we saw down the canyon I'm SURE was from someone else and not my husband)
Getting a picture of five kids happy is not easy.
In fact, I think it is impossible.
Looking for lizards.
Still looking for lizards.
Found one.
We got lucky and saw two jumpers fly off the bridge.
Twin Falls is the base jumping capitol of the world you know.
After many questions about parachutes opening vs. not opening...I'm really happy both parachutes opened while my children were watching.
Playing under the bridge on the way back to the car.
Nope, this is not the bridge.
This is what our office looked like as of yesterday.
Twin has a ton of fun things around it to do!! Glad to say we did everything on your list while we lived there!!
ReplyDelete