I took my niece and nephews back to Boise yesterday afternoon and ended up staying the night...just for the fun of it. Steve was kind enough to agree to my last minute (meaning I called him from Boise and asked if I could stay) get away. I spent the last evening and this morning hanging out with my sister. I had no responsibility for 24 hours. It was awesome.
I received this texted picture around 11am this morning with the following words:
"Tears of sadness cause dad doesn't know how to do two piggies."
#1: My husband did not complain that I left him with 3 kidlets with no warning. (Andrew was with me.)
#2: My husband not only attempted to do his daughter's hair, but actually did a darling job. Check out the smoothness of that ponytail! The part was even perfect.
#3: I came home tonight to a clean kitchen and dinner being made.
Yep, he's practically perfect.
The male Mary Poppins if you will.
But...practically perfect comes with flaws that will be mentioned only to insure jealousy does not ensue.
Phone conversation from Friday:
Me: Steve, do you have any plans tonight?
Steve: I'd really like to go for a topless ride with you in the cruiser. (pause pause pause)
Me: (speechless)
Steve: The car will be topless...you don't have to be.
Steve, you never cease to amaze me...good job on the hair! Saylor will appreciate you later.
ReplyDeleteBahahahaha! The topless comment made me laugh out loud. And as for your Male Mary Poppins, hats off to you Steve! I think he does hair better than me. :)
ReplyDelete