The Pumpkins
(four days rotting in the sun...we've had an abnormally warm week)
The Cowboy
The Hobo
(Because every child wants to be homeless for Halloween!)
The Hippie
The Fairy Princess
The Crew
Last year we went all out and were matching vikings.
This year I said, "If it isn't already in the house (or grandma's house-thank goodness) you won't be wearing it. I'm not spending a dime on Halloween!"
And we didn't.
We borrowed Say's costume from my friend Susan. Her two girls just older than Say have some pretty cute costumes!
My amazing mom made a pair of Andrew's old jeans into bell bottoms, loaned him a hideous shirt and bandanna, and Steve dug out an old leather jacket he'd purchased from the Gold Mine in Sun Valley YEARS ago.
We also got Carter's hat and shirt from my mom's treasure chest of a dress up bin.
(The black hat was mine when I was a little girl!)
Colby had everything already for the perfect cowboy.
His best "I'm a starving hobo" face.
Even cowboys need help with their holsters some times.
...especially little cowboys.
Do real hippies have i-pods?
Yep...I actually touched a real needle and thread and sewed on a few patches.
Steve about fainted.
Good think hobo patches are supposed to look crappy.
Can we go get some candy now...PLEASE!
Let's get some candy...or else.
The first house.
Ready to leave.
Andrew had permission to trick-or-treat with his friends with a cerfew of 9pm.
When did his parents get so soft?
He was home on time with oodles of candy.
I love that I can trust this kid!
Our best "we're ready for the sugar" faces.
Now...lets get that candy!
By the way...I forgot to mention Carter had his first guitar recital last night.
He played and sang a Halloween ghost song to the tune of "On Top of Old Smokey", and did a wonderful job! I'm proud of this boy!









Such great costumes! Nice work my little seamstress!!
ReplyDeleteSo great!!! Cute kids! Love the 1st house you went too! Sure miss it!
ReplyDelete