Monday, October 8, 2012

Quotes of the Weekend

It was a relaxing weekend.  
General Conference gave us an excuse to sit at home in our pj's, eat lots of delicious food and enjoy family time.  I really enjoy the laid back splendor that is General Conference weekend.  The spiritual high I feel after listening to our prophet and apostles is the creamy rich icing on the cake.  

Cleaning up after two days of pure laziness is not.
The house was tha-rashed. 
 Oh well.
(Not sure who Colby was pretending to talk on the phone with, but whatever.)

 The highlight of our food overindulgence this weekend were the six...only six...apples grown in our own backyard.
It froze a few days earlier so these bad boys were ready to pick.

 We served them with melted caramel.  The were the BEST apples any of us have ever eaten.  I hope next year our tree is loaded...meaning, I hope we get way more than six.

The older boys enjoying their snack.
(Please note the general disaster-ness in the background.  I'm too tired and too hungry to care.)
 Andrew picked this immature cantaloupe out of our garden.  It's one of only two cantaloupe that grew...and neither of them matured.  Andrew proved his maturity level by drawing on the small fruit and naming it Canny.  Canny was abused and tortured for 24 hours before he was sadly cut into late last night...Andrew thought he should be put out of his fruity misery.
(This might another reason we don't have pets)

Lastly, there were a few quotes from this weekend that made me laugh like a hyena.  They weren't really that funny, you truly had to be there, but I want to remember them anyway.  Steve and I will laugh again and again.   We think we are funny.

Steve to me after I ate nachos with pico:  You smell like Mexican...and I like it!

Saylor to Steve while trying to get comfortable on his lap:  Dad!  Your tummy is SO BIG!  
(I will chuckle about this everyday while I am pregnant.  I need someone else to have the illusion of a big tummy to make me feel better about myself.   For the record...Steve does NOT have a big tummy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment