Thursday, October 25, 2012

Not About Italy

I am feeling this baby move.
It started in Italy, but I dismissed the flutters thinking there was no way it could really be.
But laying in bed the last two nights in my own comfy bed, still as still can be, I can't dismiss it. 
These little butterflies remind me what a true miracle pregnancy is...especially for the fifth time.
It gives me peace to feel this little one alive. 
I often wonder if my body can do this again, physically and mentally.  I'm older and I know exactly what I am in for.  The naivety of my youth and first pregnancies is long gone.  I know soon I will start contracting every 5-10 minutes for the entirety.   I also know I will start hurting soon, in my back, my legs, places not polite to talk or write about.  

But feeling this baby move makes it worth it.  
It puts perspective where perspective should be. 
There is going to be another Dixon baby on this earth, and that gives me deep spiritual joy.
I'm grateful to have this experience again, even if and when I complain about it.  

2 comments: