Happening #1: Scouts
Something I pathetically forgot to mention was Carter earning his Wolf this week.
He actually earned it a few months ago, but due to scheduling with pack meetings, he didn't receive it until this month.
He was excited. So excited even that he complained only minimally when I insisted he put on a belt with his uniform.
Here he is pinning his wolf pin on my jacket.
Such a cute kid.
(Too bad for him, his mother is a bad scounting mother and has absolutely nothing sewn on his uniform except for the sleeve numbers. We won't even go into the fact they are in the wrong order. I'm a scout failure...and I'm having another boy. "sigh")
Most of his pack.
What a crew.
Can you imagine this group as deacons in three years? Crazy.
Happening #2: Christmas Countdown
A miracle occurred at the Dixon house and I actually did a craft with my kids. There was even scissors and glue involved. Wonders never cease.
We didn't hack it last year, mostly because we knew Saylor would eat them all, but this year we completed the Walker traditional candy countdown to Christmas tree.
I grew up with these things and actually love them.
I love my mom even more for not killing me and my siblings in the process of making them.
12 year olds can be so meticulous when they want to be.
Now why can't they pick up their socks or backpacks off the living room floor?
Looks delicious doesn't it?
Saylor sure thinks so.
"Mom redeemed herself from the scout thing and is going to let me eat all this candy!"
"Hmmm...where do I put the next one. Decisions Decisions."
"Oh man, I don't think I can take this. Only one a day? Really?
"No really mom, I can't take the torture. Can I eat them all now?"
(Truly if I had a dollar for every time she asked if she could them all, I might have my car paid off.)
Happening #3: Piano Recital
My regular camera battery was dead as can be, so my phone had to to.
(It didn't do very well.)
Carter was adorable as ever and played Jingle Bells better than I've ever heard it played.
He has also learned it on the guitar.
Colby knows it on the violin and it's pretty comical seeing (hearing) him and Carter try and jam out together...in different keys no less.
Andrew played "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer" and was a little disappointed about a few mistakes he thought he'd made. I have heard this kid play his song flawlessly almost a hundred times at home. Adrenaline is a nasty nasty drug at times.
I was proud of him...even if he thought he made mistakes that I didn't notice.
Happening #4: New infusion site
For five years now Carter has always had an infusion set attached to his (ahem) rump.
Tonight, he and Steve wanted to try something new.
The poor boy's hind end needs a pin cushion break.
They tried the back of his arm. No complaints from this boy.
Steve came up to me after the site was placed and reiterated to me how tough our son is. I agree. He's one of my heroes.
Happening #5: (the most insignificant of the 5) Short robe fashion disaster
No long explanation needed.
Time for a longer robe.
Carter looks so cute at the piano...and Andrew looks SO grown up! And Saylor and Colby with their candy trees just crack me up. You have some cute kids!
ReplyDeleteWe made those trees with our kids this year too! They love waking up every morning to a Hershey Kiss. And if anyone can teach their 4 boys to be good to the 1 sister, it would be you! I'm happy for you.
ReplyDelete