Sunday, October 20, 2013

photo dump from weekend shenanigans


Steve had a implant course to attend in Midway Utah starting this last Thursday.  I hemmed and hawed and changed my mind multiple times on whether I should go with him.   Tuesday morning I decided I would go and spent the rest of Tuesday scrambling to prepare to leave our four oldest kids with my parents for the weekend along with packing Grady and I. 
By Wednesday afternoon I was exhausted and frazzled, but ready to go.  

Thankfully Saylor had no problem keeping herself entertained while I packed.


 However, she was NOT happy with my choice of clothing.
She informed my mom she would never wear this coat again because it is not a girl color.
So much for buying coats on clearance a year early without the Diva's approval.


Steve's course kept him occupied all Thursday and Friday.  The only time I saw him was breakfast both mornings and at the dinner Thursday night.  You'd think we would have gone out late both nights and played in Salt Lake, but no, we are old, tired and had a six month old in tow.  
I was passed out asleep in the hotel both nights by 10 pm.

 So what did I do to keep myself and Grady entertained for two days?

Well...I ate...a lot.
We had stopped by Trader Joes in SLC on our way to Midway and luckily for me they offered an enormous variety of gluten free treats.
These chocolate cupcakes were my favorite.

 I enjoyed the beauty that is Midway Utah.  The colors were beautiful and so were the mountains.

 We took self portraits in the hotel.  I think I used to be better at these.

Oh...and we shopped.  
Park City is only 20 minutes from Midway and I spent most Thursday and Friday walking the outlet mall and surrounding shops.
I found that Park City is WAY out of my comfort zone when it comes to $$$.
I didn't feel like I fit in with the clothes I was wearing, what I was driving or any other aspect.
I did find out that ritzy TJ Maxx stores have better carts though...one of the best redeeming qualities about Park City.
So my vote???
Midway:  Thumbs up.  I would live there.  It was SO beautiful.
Park City:  Thumbs down.  But the shopping was fun.
Salt Lake City:  Been there, done that.  Happy to live in Idaho.  However, I wouldn't mind a Trader Joes, Whole Foods (just for the gluten free stuff), PF Changs and In and Out Burger.

 So so happy to live in Twin Falls.
We don't ever get freeways like this thank goodness.

Steve, Grady and I drove home late Friday night.  All my kids except Carter spent Friday night at my parents house even though Steve and I technically were home.  We picked up Carter around 10:30 pm due to diabetic reasons.

Saturday morning was the beginning of his 10th birthday.  
I let him have my last gf chocolate cupcake.  That's how much I love this kid.


Steve spent Saturday morning cleaning out our flowerbeds and working on the yard.
I unpacked a little, did a little laundry and then headed to my parents house to spend the day with my sister JaNae and her family.
Much more to post about that later.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures that were sent to me on my trip courtesy of my mom and dad.  They are wonderful grandkid sitters.
Saylor repeated over and over all weekend that she was moving in to my mom's house...without any parents.  I adore how much my children love being with my parents!


Ready for school early so they could play games on Carter's I-pod.  We bought half of it for his birthday and let him have it before we left for Utah.

 Playing with Grandpa in the front yard Thursday night.

 The tire swing is the best!

Two little cats showed up and wouldn't leave my kids alone.  The kids took many pictures of them and the cats and set them to me.  
No...we are not getting a cat.
Yes...this picture might end up on a t-shirt.


Carter took this picture with his I-pod.
Sunsets in my parent's yard are beautiful.


This picture was from Saturday morning.  Saylor and one of her favorite cousins had matching hair!

Tomorrow hopefully I'll post about Carter's birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment