My camera is still in Boise so all updates are brought to you straight from my phone.
So what did this last week bring besides freakishly cold weather and unwanted weight gain?
More track meets for Andrew. This one was at CSI and therefore super easy to attend. I like close track meets. Andrew came in 18th. Sizing up this crowd I think he did pretty darn well.
The kids didn't have school Thursday or Friday. I didn't get much accomplished besides desperately trying to stay on top of the "all 5 kids are home" mess.
Grady got mugged all weekend by his siblings.
He is going to be a monster Monday morning when his entourage goes back to school.
See what I mean?
Entertainment all day everyday.
Andrew and I fed Grady rice cereal for the first time.
He was not enthused at all. I'll try again in a few days.
It's conference weekend...hence my basement being converted into a gigantic blanket fort.
My kitchen table has been missing half of it's chairs for two days now...its a small price to pay.
I'm testing recipes for a priest/laurel dance at the end of October that my presidency is responsible for providing 100 popcorn balls.
These peanut butter ones I believe are the winner...now the secret of my weight gain is out.
Not even nursing a six month old can keep up with these babies.
More Grady mugging.
More weight gain.
We have perfected gluten free pizza on the smoker.
Gluten? Who needs it?
This counts as 1/3 mugging- 1/3babysitting- 1/3 little brother neglect.
Silly Ipods.
The neighbor girls brought over a snake they found in their yard.
My boys were loving life.
They went from Grady mugging to snake mugging.
Andrew even got to sport a little snake bite. I pray it doesn't get infected.
It froze last night so we pulled everything out of the garden today.
We got pumpkins, squash, a few potatoes and then half a dozen wormy apples off the tree. (Next year I'm getting the trees sprayed for bugs.)
The kids were in charge of transferring the pumpkins and squash to the back porch. They thought they could do it in one shot.
Nope. It didn't work.
A few a time my good man, a few at a time.
The cutest pumpkin of them all!
We had these bad boys in the garden to contend with too.
We did our best to harvest a few for eating and then spread the rest around the border of our property in the back. I'm really hoping they will spout next spring.
While Steve and I were working on the sunflower seed mess, the boys disappeared. We found them using their pocket knives to hack old zucchinis in the garden...that and carve zucchini faces.
Knives were confiscated prior to any finger loss- thank goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment