The last five days have been a blur. A blur of Christmas preparations, treats, concerts, plays and snot. Yes. I just typed snot. Grady has been sick and blowing the green stuff along with a lot of drool since Tuesday night. (I'm ready for a break and a good nights sleep.) Sick babies are oh so hard.
Some of the caramel corn I made earlier this week. I covered half of it with peanut butter chips and chocolate and gave it out to a few friends. I may not be able to make caramel corn for a while. I'm all caramel corned out.
Tuesday night was Colby's second grade play. It the exact same play Carter was in two years ago and it was just as adorable then as it was Tuesday night.
Colby is the elf sitting on the left front of the stage. You'll know him by his pointy hat.
His one and only line was the snarkiest line of the evening. The elves are slightly unkind in this play. He rocked his snotty line and elf dance.
My cute elf.
Yes his shirt is inside out to cover a design.
Yes he has bells sewn on his socks.
And yes, those are Steve's gold toe black socks.
I adore the low budgets of second grade plays!
Carter had a big science project due this week. He was assigned either a volcano or a glacier.
He obviously picked the glacier and topped it off with mini trees cut from out Christmas tree and a frozen dinosaur compliments of our toy bin.
The glacier is currently sitting on my back porch with lots of other junk I won't go into at the moment.
(we are trashy back yard people)
With me baking and getting other things accomplished, Saylor spent quite a bit of time in her favorite Kindle watching spot. Its warm in this corner over the heating vent.
If I can't locate her… nine times out of ten she is here.
Like I said before, this little man has been sick. I can't complain too much because this has been his first real cold. But its been a doosy and I'm quite done with it.
One thing that always made this boy happy despite his snotty nose was a warm tub.
Thank goodness for the tub this week.
Maybe four or five months ago we purchased Ski and Stay tickets for Sun Valley for this weekend.
It includes a night at the lodge for the family with ski tickets for everyone.
Due to a very sick fussy baby, I stayed home and Steve bravely took the other four kids to Sun Valley Friday night. Fussy babies are bad enough at home, but even worse in a hotel in a strange bed…and the thought of nursing a baby with a plugged nose in a public ski lodge didn't sound all that fun.
Thankfully the ski trip went off without a hitch and my non-sick family had a great time.
Here are a few of the pictures Steve took for me.
The view from the hotel room.
Yeah…they were roughing it.
Feeding the ducks popcorn.
Lunch at the lodge.
More lunch.
Once again…roughing it.
A good shot of the girls' noses.
Toughing it out at Dollar Mountain.
The popcorn that didn't get eaten by my children or the ducks ended up here.
The family got home around six last night and unpacked. Grady cried from about seven pm last night until 2 am.
Steve and I took him to the insta-care this morning.
Both ears were infection free…Grady was just a pill for nothing.
(I'm really ready for him to start feeling better and I'm sure he feels the same way too. I'm also really hoping he will sleep tonight. Both Steve and I need it.)
Lastly, here a few more places Icy the Elf has been watching us from.
Thanks a lot Icy…now I can't use Grady's bouncer.
I'm sure this is sacrilegious.
Up on those candy jars again.
Oh man. A sick baby makes the world come to a screeching, sleepless halt. Hoping he gets better soon so you all get more rest and can get caught up on all the stuff that takes backseat to a sick baby. :)
ReplyDelete